Mathilda is a French/Italian graphic designer and illustrator. She is currently working in communications for Choose Love and she co-founded On The Mend, a design studio that targets social inequalities in the UK healthcare system. She uses her practice to look closer for longer, to bring people together through creative exchanges and to place marginalised voices at the centre of our stories.
- Conversations From CalaisConversations From Calais aims to re-humanise those affected by the refugee crisis by using public space to share conversations volunteers have had with migrants met in Calais. It is a way of bearing witness for the thousands of displaced people stuck in Calais and trying to reach the UK, whose voices are so often silenced or ignored. This ever- growing collection of conversations focuses on capturing the diversity of experiences and avoids creating new stereotypes of refugees as villains, heroi
- ITV, on the mendI am the co-founder and designer at ‘on the mend’, a design studio that targets social inequalities in the UK healthcare system. Our ident design featured a series of foam shapes, which each staff member mended using a craft related to their profession. We provided the shapes and the concept and allowed the staff to create something truly their own. What we emphasise is the journey of the shapes from broken pieces into a ‘fixed’ whole. The whole piece acted as a metaphor for the NHS - at the s
- on the mendI am the co-director and designer at 'on the mend', a creative studio erasing healthcare inequalities. Our bespoke events, workshops and artworks are designed to inform people on the societal impacts on health and well-being. Loneliness is a national health crisis. 1/3 of older people experience loneliness. The second largest group likely to feel lonely are 21-35 year olds. In 2017, Theresa May appointed a Minister for Loneliness, following the Jo Cox report on loneliness. We wanted to show
- Conversations From Calais BillboardsFor the latest instalment of Jack Arts Your Space Or Mine series, Conversations From Calais took over billboards across eight cities in the UK. Created in the hope of re-humanizing the refugee crisis, each poster is part of a conversation documented by volunteers that have worked with migrants in Calais.
- Calais Food Collective Recipe BookCover design and illustrations for Calais Food Collective's 202 Recipe Book. This book is packed with nutritious and delicious recipes collected from volunteers and members of the community they support. All profits go directly to funding the Calais Food Collective and our mission to provide the autonomy to cook for displaced people in Northern France.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Unquiet Moments – Courtauld InstituteUnquiet Moments: Capturing the Everyday is an online exhibition realised by The Courtauld Institute of Art’s 2020 MA Curating the Art Museum programme – it is the first fully digital exhibition. An interrogation of the ‘everyday’ became only more relevan with the arrival of 2020; the questions asked only more urgent. The site reflects our unprecedented moments of unquiet, and illuminates the enduring impulse to capture many experiences of the everyday. I developed the website design following t
- Demistify: Charing Cross Hospital Art Collection as PerfumeThe sense of smell is one of our most developed yet least understood sense and is known to be beneficial to the health of those with dementia and brain injuries. Charing Cross hospital has specialist stroke and neuro-rehabilitation units as well as elderly care wards. In partnership with the Imperial Health Charity, we turned the hospital art collection into perfumes. This provided an inclusive and unusual way to enjoy the amazing art collection at Charing Cross. Demistify looks to use the se
+ Show more
Graphic DesignerMigrant's Bureau
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Developing and producing concepts and graphics for our external channels - Advising on best practice methods in regards to style, format, print production and branding for the creation and development of graphics - Working with Marketing assistant to determine the direction and quantity of promotional materials.
Co-director and Designeron the mend
London, United KingdomFreelance
- Managing a collective creating socially good design focused around health and well-being - Creating events, workshops and exhibitions in museums and healthcare or public spaces - Designing all visual identities of commissions
+ Show more
- Creative Arts
- Problem Solver
- Time Management
- Administrative Skills
- Adobe Indesign/illustrator/photoshop