Multiple Cannes Award Winning, Executive Creative Director. Voted one of the top 100 influential creatives in The Creative Pool Awards. I was personally asked by Lego Batman to make him famous on Channel 4. In the junction between what the audience loves and the brand wants to say is where I tell stories. Specialties: Multi-Platform Creative Direction, Team Management, Pitch Management, Content Development, Brand Strategy, Communications Strategy, Transmedia Creativity, Media Partnerships, Social Media Strategy, Copywriting, Idea Generation, Presentations, Public Speaking, Making Coffee.
- Hewlett Packard - Bastille Interactive DancefloorBrief: As part of an ongoing project with Universal Music, HP asked us to activate their 'Bend The Rules' campaign at an exclusive gig with Indie-Pop darlings Bastille. Solution:I n collaboration with Experiential Tech geniuses Drive Production, we used technology to create a first of it's kind. Full interactive on stage AV powered by the audiences dancing feet. Results: With hundreds of thousands of views of our films online and extensive press coverage 'Bend The Rules With Bastille' kicked off
- Oreo - Lick RaceBrief: Oreo. A singularly American brand with an established set of rituals attached. How to introduce UK teens to the Oreo Lick Race (a way to settle differences via a race to lick the cream from inside an Oreo) in a way that is authentic and relevant. Solution: Collaborate with people the audience love to create a set of genuinely entertaining interpretations of the Oreo Lick Race. This meant organising a pool party for the cast of TOWIE and being banned by the ASA for encouraging YouTubers to
- Oreo - Play With OreoBrief: Oreo's 2015 campaign focussed upon what the brand termed "Oreoheads". People who use imagination and play to drive their curiosity. We were asked to define "Oreoheads" for 16 to 25 year olds. Solution: After our success with YouTubers on "Oreo Lick Race" we worked again with TomSka, Emma Blackery & Kick The PJ, with the addition singer songwriter Carrie Fletcher, challenging them to partner up with someone they've never worked with before to create 3 unique, collaborative films. Results:"
- Chips Ahoy - Gorilla HijackBrief:Chips Ahoy! America's favourite cookie brand with zero awareness in the UK. How to launch a new cookie with a cheeky reputation into a crowded marketplace. Solution: Pissing off a lot of people it seems. We took one of the most iconic TV ads of all time, Cadbury's drumming Gorilla, and Hijacked it with Chips Ahoy's Cookie Guy. Results: Boy did this kick up a stink. The clip which aired once on TV was torn apart in the industry press but you know what? The audience loved it (positive tweets
- RNLI - Respect The Water2 thirds of those who lose their lives around the coast of the UK are men aged between 18 and 39. We were challenged by RNLI to create a campaign that would encourage these lads to Respect The Water. However young men have a habit of thinking themselves invincible and certainly won’t be lectured by charities into behaving themselves, no matter how well meaning. We had to talk to our audience through a medium that was relevant to them. LadBible is the most popular social, editorial platform for y
- Lego Batman - Continuity BatNovember 2016 I get a call from a mysterious character telling me he has a top secret project he needs help with. Apparently it's going to be the greatest project of all time and I'd be a loser to miss it. Against my better judgement I agreed to meet this curious stranger in his "Super awesome hide-out" (his words not mine) which happened to be in a bat infested cave in the middle of nowhere. Turns out this weirdo was a tiny, plastic dude goes by the name of Batman, he'd somehow convinced Warner
+ View all
Projects credited in
- OMEN BY HP PRESENTS: THE NEXT GEN ATHLETES OMEN by HP Presents…The Next Gen Athletes’ is a 4 minute documentary, demonstrating HP’s commitment to eSports. We explored how eSports athletes can learn from traditional sports to help them dominate the game. Executed through a media partnership with PC Gamer and launched to an audience of gamers and industry guests at a special event, this eye opening film features three UK eSports players from Team Infused; Ryan ‘Doomsee’ Graham, Sebastian ‘Sebadam’ Adamatzky and Jordan ‘EyeIgnite’ Stellon. They were invited to undertake a series of tests whilst playing Rocket League using the OMEN by HP gaming product, including eye tracking, mouse and key logging as well as emotional testing. By squashing gamer sterotypes and exploring the big business of eSports through science and technology Drum has seamlessly woven Omen by HP into the lives of their perfect target audience. #Dominatethegame8
- The Fox ProblemThe Brief: The Fox Problem was a weekly interactive show streamed live on YouTube from East London. It was created and hosted by Gemma Cairney, Georgia LA and Georgie Okell. Created as an homage to classic 90's shows such as TGI Fridays, the show aimed to be an online party where important female skewing issues such as underage sex, politics and science would sit alongside live performances and informal chats with celebrities. The first series was sponsored by Google, and the second series was
- McDonald's Channel UsMcDonald's needed to reach 16-24 year olds who had fallen out of love with the brand. Enter: Channel Us - a youth platform, launched on YouTube that featured a weekly show running over 15 weeks where popular influencer Olly White helped aspiring teens deliver something extraordinary in just 72 hours.
- McDonald's Social ContentMcDonald's most successful ever social content in the UK. Retained by McDonald’s UK since July 2016 to produce their ’always on’ social content, Drum produce social posts outside of traditional 'ad' campaign work including cultural days, moments, trends, formats and innovation. Two of the most successful recent posts are shown below.
+ Show more
Executive Creative DirectorThe Moment
London, United KingdomFull Time
The Moment is a creative agency specializing in film, events and immersive technology as part of The Creative Engagement Group. The client base includes multinational brands such as GSK, Carnival Cruises, HSBC, Roche and Nissan. As ECD it is my responsibility to lead the creative & strategy teams to ensure creative excellence that delivers on client’s KPIs. This also includes being involved in media strategy & acting as brand guardian for my clients. With offices in Plymouth, London and Manchester I have defined creative processes bringing the various production and creative principals under one process to encourage more media agnostic collaboration. In November of 2017 I was instrumental in TCEG winning a retainer with Nissan as “Brand Comms Agency” for the car manufacturer creating Brand Guidelines, Toolkits & Cascade Kits for Nissan’s many territories throughout Europe.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Creative Direction
- Online Campaigns
- Outdoor Campaigns
- Print Campaigns
- TV Campaigns
- Creative Leadership
- Account Management
- Content Strategy
- Creative Strategy