Maurice Cherry is founder and creative director at Lunch, an award-winning multidisciplinary creative studio he established in 2008 in Atlanta, GA. These days, Maurice is perhaps most well-known for his award-winning podcast Revision Path™, which showcases Black designers, developers, and digital creators from all over the world. It is the first podcast to be added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC). Other projects of Maurice’s include the Black Weblog Awards, 28 Days of the Web, The Year of Tea, and the design anthology RECOGNIZE. Maurice is the 2018 recipient of the Steven Heller Prize for Cultural Commentary from AIGA, was named as one of GDUSA’s “People to Watch” in 2018, and was included in the 2018 edition of The Root 100 (#60), their annual list of the most influential African-Americans ages 25 to 45.
- RECOGNIZERECOGNIZE is a design anthology featuring essays and commentary from indigenous people and people of color — the next generation of emerging design voices. This inaugural volume was funded and hosted by InVision, who also provided editorial oversight. Illustrations by Robert Liu-Trujillo, and featuring the design voices of Anne H. Berry, Christina Harrington, Christopher Jones, Tash Moore, and Courtney D. Sharpe. Read the entire anthology at https://www.invisionapp.com/inside-design/category/r
- FunctionFunction is a podcast about how technology is shaping culture and communications. Host and Glitch CEO, Anil Dash, sits down with the developers behind some of the world’s best-known apps, games and services, and also talks with users, critics and culture experts to unpack the effects of these features.
- Revision PathRevision Path™ is an award-winning platform that showcases Black designers, artists, developers, and digital creatives from all over the world. Through weekly in-depth interviews on our podcast, you’ll learn about their work, their goals, and what inspires them as creative individuals. It is the first podcast to be added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian Institute's National Museum of African American History and Culture.
Projects credited in
- Championing Diversity: This Black History Month 2018, meet 100 creatives inspiring changeThis Black History Month 2018, we’ve brought together a group of outstanding industry heroes to each nominate 10 black changemakers and creators that are shaping culture, arts, design, business, tech and beyond. We still have a way to go when it comes to conquering the lack of diversity in the creative industry - which is why it so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. To do so, throughout the year we spotlight incredible people, the projects that they are involved with141
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFreelance
· Refined the company’s brand messaging, story, and voice to appeal to their developer audience through workshops, webinars, exercises, and an overall brand refresh · Developed and executed a comprehensive brand messaging strategy, including workshops, webinars, and exercises, resulting in a 20% increase in engagement from the developer audience · Produced and hosted two successful podcasts featuring industry experts, resulting in a 30% increase in podcast subscribers and a 25% increase in downloads
Senior Creative StrategistGlitch
- New York, United StatesFull Time
· Served as Glitch’s in-house creative expert, working in both internal and client-specific meetings, talking to media, and staffing events across the country and internationally · Created the media department and design department at Glitch, including crafting job descriptions, recruiting and interviewing candidates, and onboarding new staff · Led and empowered the media team of producers and editors to develop high-quality targeted content marketing for storytelling efforts in order to enhance the Glitch brand · Generated creative ideas and provided strategic consultation to Glitch's operations, business development, and partnership departments, as well as C-suite executives · Created proactive brand opportunities for collaboration with business, creators on the platforms, and community influencers · Designed, wrote, shot, and recorded content (blog posts, articles, podcasts, video interviews, web videos, eBooks, zines, email newsletters) for product marketing and brand awareness purposes
+ Show more
- Podcast Production
- Graphic Design
- Audio Interviewing
- Project Management
- Content Management
MastersKeller Graduate School of Management
- Atlanta, United States
Master's degree, network and telecommunications management. Concentration in project management.
Podcast Archive AcquisitionSmithsonian Institution"Maurice Cherry’s engrossing design podcast Revision Path has won many awards over the course of its 300 episodes, including accolades from AIGA and the Creative Market Awards. Now it has a new laurel to add to its crown: It is the first podcast to be added to the permanent collection of the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC)."
+ Show more