Maya Egbo is a young Actor and Presenter from East London. After getting her first acting commercial job with Nickelodeon at just 7 years old, Maya is more than used to taking creative direction on set. Maya went on to further work with companies such as Fairy liquid and Valspar paint. She was also one of the first voices for Facebooks first TV and online ad after doing voiceover work with them. Maya’s love for the Arts and Media industry blossomed when she attended The BRIT School of performing arts and technology where she studied Musical Theatre. Being in such a creative environment allowed her to think creatively, where she became a more inquisitive and open minded explorer. After graduating and whilst in the early stages of her gap year, Maya got accredited in a Radio production course that she took alongside Capital Xtra where she found her presenter niche and also learnt about the technical side of radio and production. Her new found love for presenting and eagerness was apparent and this aided her next job- presenting and conducting the backstage interviews for Capital Xtras ‘Unleashed’ concert at Koko in Camden. In September 2018, Maya was flown out to Croatia with BushBash records to present their backstage vlog at one of Europe’s biggest festivals- Outlook festival. Whilst coming up with creative content for the vlog, Maya interviewed the likes of Jaykae, Killer P and Irah. Maya is multi-skilled and is currently completing a Media course with MediaTrust to further work on her craft and expand her skillsets in different areas within the media industry, as she is also interested in blogging, vlogging and curating content for social media. As she is most passionate about talking to people and telling stories through video mediums, In the future Maya aspires to host TV shows and award ceremonies within the music and entertainment industry. Maya has always been expressive and confident in front of the camera and she has never shied away from using her voice to discuss different topics and ask questions. You can contact her by email: email@example.com Instagram: Mayaaa_e Twitter: Maya_egbo YouTube: MayaE tv
- CREED II REVIEW By Maya EgboPublished on https://www.blacpire.com/blog/creed-ii-review on Nov 29th 2018 Creed 2 is the highly anticipated sequel to Creed which premiered in 2015. Following the lives of Adonis Johnson Creed, Apollo Creed's son played by Michael B Jordon and his boxing coach Rocky Balboa played by Sylvester Stallone. Creed 2 takes the audience on a compelling, fast paced emotional journey that will have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation. I enjoyed this film because I felt like I was part of th
- Do me a flavor... By Maya EgboSpice up your life! Ridley Road Market, Hackney, is one of the most vibrant and spirited markets I’ve ever come across. Based in the heart of diverse East London, it comes as no surprise that the market is a mixed bag full of flavor, culture and spice. Fit to fill a wide variety of tastes, Ridley road market caters for all! Importing traditional foods from all over the world, the smells and colours are too enriching for you not be pulled in.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- CommuniTEAAge UK set us a brief asking us to create a digital product that addresses loneliness /social isolation in ageing Londoners. We didn't only want to just focus on addressing loneliness, but rather how we could potentially alleviate it as a whole. We eventually came up with 'CommuniTEA' which is an online website that hosts a range of different activities the ageing population can attend. The activities are extremely broad and can range anything from gardening to Zumba dance classes. The ince
Runner/ Interview co ordinatorGirls I Rate
London, United KingdomFreelance
• Greeted clients upon arrival and helped set up rooms • Studio engineer assistant- very hands on tasks helping the engineer with anything he needed in the recording studio including pressing buttons on the controls • Supporting the tutors and songwriters, main point of contact to the even manager.
Media trust traineeshipMedia Trust
- London, United KingdomInternship
Studying on Media Trusts multimedia traineeship was important for me as I participated in masterclasses run by industry leaders from companies such as The BBC, OATH and Sky sports and news. I effectively took on client briefs and developed ideas and content that echoed the voices of young people like myself. Every week focused on a different area within the media industry, so I've gotten a quick but intense and valuable understanding in the following areas: photojournalism, advertising and marketing, digital marketing, social media and podcasting • I am now a Multiskilled individual who knows how to work autonomously • Networked with great industry leaders • Learnt how to pitch ideas in a boardroom setting • Found a mentor through the mentor scheme • Gained confidence in presenting and pitching my ideas to a group.
- Actor Headshot
- Social Media
- Digital Media
- Article Writing
- Commercial Fashion
Media StudiesMedia Trust
London, United Kingdom
Studying on Media Trusts multimedia traineeship was important for me as I participated in masterclasses run by industry leaders from companies such as The BBC, OATH and Sky sports and news. I effectively took on client briefs and developed ideas and content that echoed the voices of young people like myself.
- London, United Kingdom
BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in Musical theatre and Media Studies
+ Show more