10-week course run by Media Trust to help young people get into the media industry. • Worked in a group to respond to client briefs set by Elvis Communications and Clear Channel, then had to pitch ideas. • Produced and edited video and audio content using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Audition.
A contributing writer for East London Lines part of my MA in Digital Media and Multimedia Journalism. Link: https://bit.ly/2AK6gWl
• Shadowed the BBC senior outreach manager for a day as an assistant journalist. • Interviewed BBC News School Report mentors about their involvement in the programme. • Wrote articles about their experience, which were published on the BBC internal website.
• Completed a two-week work placement at VCCP as a digital media researcher. • Worked with various clients such as Virgin Media Sports, Nationwide and EasyJet. • Assisted with competitive insights for Virgin Media Sports by looking at competitor site traffic, running event research in and around London, forecasting and budget planning using CPC and CTR metrics. • Assisted Nationwide and EasyJet account and planning teams by researching user generated content and researching for upcoming content campaigns.
• Responsibilities included editing, scheduling and increasing hits for articles by publicising Her Campus Westminster on social media. • Managed HC Westminster's social media such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Launched Her Campus Westminster on Instagram, where the team would post daily images to motivate readers to engage with our content.
• Created a marketing strategy in a team to attract digital natives/teenage demographic to be part of O2 touch, tackling the human truth, market truth, and brand truth. These three truths set the foundations for our campaign allowing us to create a well-structured and creative pitch and made us the winning team on the day.
• Provided Key consumer insight to brands such as Tango, Coca Cola & Subway. • Worked in a team to create various pitches for different clients.
• Gained experience in editorial, • Published articles on the GoThinkBig website. • Gained some Graphic Design experience and created a banner for one of the features on the site.
• Co-created a career development and job finder app for youth named Motimator. • Conducted user research to be fed into possible application ideas. • Acquired digital skills such as HTML and CSS coding, digital marketing and SEO. • Pitched app concept to the marketing director at O2, CEO of YouthNet and Head of GoThinkBig.
Undertook modules such as technology and cultural forms, multimedia journalism and digital media: critical perspectives. Received a 68 in my final project, which can be viewed here https://bit.ly/2qkT4RR
My key achievement was gaining the highest grade in my year for the module media around the globe (76%) I enjoyed modules such as the digital media project, media around the globe and advanced web production. I was also a course representative for two years.