- Design in South ItalyIn it's 3rd outing to the London Design Fair, Design in South Italy aims to present the best materials, interiors and products from designers, studio and brands from all around Southern Italy. The pavilion is designed and curated to highlight the selected products from each participant as part of a group exhibition, capturing the creativity and design sensibilities of four southern Italian regions. Design in South Italy is organised by the Italian Trade Agency in London and the initiative is p
- Inspiring PortugalIn its second outing at London Design Fair, Inspiring Portugal will celebrate a new generation of Portuguese designers. Curated by Lisbon-based designer Marco Sousa Santos—a leading protagonist of contemporary Portuguese design—Inspiring Portugal spotlights the country’s ‘new blood’ in a stirring and fresh exhibition entitled ‘RAW’. Combining a choice selection of rational and experimental design projects—both individual and group-based—RAW will demonstrate the breadth and diversity of a new generation of Portuguese designers. A common denominator amongst the designers is the focus on experimentation with materials and a tendency towards design that affords the primacy of matter over the idea. This approach reveals the beauty of unfinished work—that ‘raw’, essential and natural element. Moreover, this new generation of Portuguese designers value a slower, workshop-based approach to design, making use of traditional methods alongside new technologies.
- London Design Fair announces the first Material of the YearThis September, London Design Fair introduces a new initiative to celebrate the materials currently making the biggest impact on the international design scene. The inaugural Material of the Year showcase explores the aesthetic and structural versatility of Jesmonite® – the ‘chameleon’ making material that an ever-growing number of today’s designers are employing in varied and innovative ways.
- Seoul Design Festival brings Korean Design to the London Design FairSeoul Design Festival brings Korean Design to the London Design Festival As part of the Seoul Design Festival’s global promotion for emerging Korean designers, they will be bringing 14 of the best Korean designers, studios and brands with them to this month's London Design Fair. Everything from enchanting home accessories to fun stationery, which seamlessly combines design, art and craft. Seoul Design Festival has been supporting young designers and design brands for the past 16 years and with support of Monthly Design, it has become the quintessential design event in Korea promoting over 200 design brands and young designers annually.
- Dutch StuffThis September is the first time that Dutch design will have a dedicated presence at London Design Fair, as over 65 studios, collectives, labels and independent makers from the Netherlands come together for an unprecedented national showcase. Dutch Stuff is a deliberately eclectic, multi-disciplinary exhibition taking place against the raw industrial backdrop of the Old Truman Brewery’s 6,000sq m top-floor space. Presented in the classic Dutch immersive gallery style, the show presents furniture, lighting, textiles, jewellery, ceramics and category-defying sculptural objects from the most innovative minds on the Dutch design scene. The largest areas of the exhibition will be occupied by three sub-shows curated by the most exciting contemporary design labels associated with the Netherlands: innovation-driven designer-run platform Form&Seek, which is launching its first commercial collection at Dutch Stuff; Eindhoven-based design retailer Vij5, and – at the most experimental end of the spectrum – boundary-pushing design group Dutch Invertuals. Interwoven between these three areas, London Design Fair’s selection of 19 independent designers and studios presents a spectrum of work representing the best of Dutch design today.
- As Opening Day ApproachesAs opening day approaches, preparations are in full swing for this year’s London Design Fair, at the Old Truman Brewery from 21st–24th September 2017. An eclectic and punctiliously curated array of independent studios, global brands and country showcases are set to thrill, engage and inspire visitors. With many new product launches, an informative talks programme and new features throughout the 3 floors, there is much to keep eager design aficionados busy.
+ View all
- Brand Partnership