As a discerning and creative leader, Melodie is actively engaged in contemporary culture with a multidisciplinary portfolio of experience and collaborations extending across architectural, interior and product design, creative direction, audience engagement, exhibitions and events. Since joining Zaha Hadid Architects in 2005, she continually and strategically connects internally and externally throughout the practice and wider industry. Currently co-teaching a unit at the Architectural Association and organizing an annual conference lead by women in architecture, Melodie has been invited as a jury member for institutions such as the Design Museum, D&AD, City of London Corporation and serving as the Architecture Editor-at-Large for Ala Champ Magazine.
- The KensingtonJCDecaux has commissioned Zaha Hadid Design to create a landmark advertising structure in London that integrates public art, contemporary design and digital media. The Kensington provides brands with a unique communications’ channel in the capital that combines the latest in digital screen technology with a spectacular, curved double-ribbon stainless steel design.
- Zaha Hadid GalleryLocated in Clerkenwell over two floors, the gallery showcases the latest in architecture, interiors, furniture and product design through curated exhibitions and provides insight into the process and ethos of the architecture practice and design studio founded by Zaha Hadid over 40 years ago.
- UNKNOWN: Strategies and Solutions in Shaping the Built EnvironmentCo-curated by Melodie Leung, Senior Associate at Zaha Hadid Architects and the Museum of Architecture as part of the London Festival of Architecture 2019. Last year’s theme unpacked the notion of crossing into the unknown in design, architecture, art and science, discussing the boundaries and cultural borders created and traversed through drawing and communication, memory and imagination and collaboration. In forging a new and previously unknown horizon of possibilities, how can we create relev
- The Extraordinary ProcessGallery Maison Mais Non This exhibition highlighted Zaha Hadid Design’s position as a collaborative workshop, exposing the creative process of a variety of makers and designers. Featured designers commissioned were Stephen Jones, Iris van Herpen, Phoebe English, Peter Do, XO, Nasir Mazhar, Krystyna Kozhoma, Patrik Schumacher and Minimaforms. Participants were asked to consider the potentials of fashion and design. They examined innovative technologies of the present and imagined how these wou
+ View all
Projects credited in
- International Women’s Day 2020, meet 100 trailblazers redefining the creative industryAt The Dots, International Women’s Day isn’t just a day – it’s a whole month! A time to take over the site and shine a light on the women and non-binary people redefining the creator landscape. For #IWD2020, we asked industry leaders to nominate the trailblazing women and non-binary people they think will redefine the creative and digital industries over the coming years. The list we’ve put together is one that beams with brilliant, talented people and their dedication to positive change. Book163
- Architecture Interiors
- Multidisciplinary Design
- Public Art