Through my degree as well as my personal time, I’ve spent the last few years exploring my creative passions; this has included photography, art, blogging, social media content creation and graphic and website design. I’ve always found myself wanting to try new things and start new projects, that’s how creativity became an outlet for me, and eventually a passion. I’m proud to say that in the past year, as well as achieving a 1st in my degree, I founded and created my own website and social media platform, known as SACRED. SACRED is a space for South Asian creatives to showcase their work and connect with others, with the aim to improve the visibility and representation of our community in creative fields. My passion for racial justice and social politics is also highlighted through my previous role as ‘marketing executive’ for the University of Sussex BAME Society, where I gained further experience in graphic design, web design and content creation. Doing these projects and becoming aware of how motivated and happy they made me, helped me realise that I wanted to take it further and centre my career around such creative endeavours. As a hardworking, dedicated and innovative individual, I believe I will be an asset to the creative industry. I am eager to start this journey and be in an active work environment, working and connecting with others in order to create something great and make a difference.
- SACREDSACRED= South Asian Creatives: Refined Empowered Different SACRED is a website (https://www.wearesacred.org.uk/) and social media (@wearesacred.org.uk) platform I have created to showcase the work of young South Asian creatives and inspire and educate others. Working on this project has helped me develop and gain a variety of skills: - Lead generation: achieved through research, emails (Gmail proficient) and social media DMs. This allowed me to build a creative network which was organised and
Marketing Executive and Website Co-CreatorUniversity of Sussex BAME Society
- Falmer, Brighton, United KingdomPart Time
- Developing marketing strategies to increase membership, and managing my time to allow space to assist with the website. - Graphic design: creating posters for fresher's events and to advertise the society, as well as assisting and advising other team members on their designs. - Content creation: researching and gathering content for social media posts while communicating with relevant society members. - Procurement- researching and getting quotas for BAME Society 'merch' items such as badges, according to the assigned budget. - Lead generation: finding people to assist in website development. -Website creation: proficient in WIX, web personalisation and UI.
Sales AssistantWatson Way Po & Stores
- Basingstoke, United KingdomPart Time
My position involved increasing product sales by merchandising the store and cross-selling items, as well as carrying out inventory management. In addition, I was trained on EPOS and along with this role, gained knowledge of proper cash handling procedures.
+ Show more
- Social Media Management
- Web Design
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
- Project Management
BA (Hons) Media and Communications - 1st Class Honours University of Sussex
- Falmer, Brighton, United Kingdom
During my degree, I completed various analytical as well as creative modules, such as Advertising and Social Change (70%) and Photography (90%). Such modules gave me the ability to create visionary work and come up with innovative ideas, as well as developed my literary and evaluative skills. My final dissertation project (75%) involved investigating the representation of South Asians in US TV shows and their contribution to the production of racist stereotypes and ideologies.
+ Show more