I am a recent summer 2020 graduate from Manchester Metropolitan University with a BA (hons) degree in Fashion Design and Technology, specialising in sportswear. As part of my degree I undertook a 12 month internship with PUMA as a designer in the teamsport department. In my final year of studies I have aimed to explore the new and exciting ways fashion, lifestyle and innovation interlink. I have taken a particular interest in 3D design using systems such as Clo3D. Being able to design and sample in a virtual work is integral for fashion to move towards a more sustainable future. @i.am_m.i.a - instagram
- HOLOCENE ExtinctionIndustry project as part of the first term of my final year of studies. This project was showcased and the "Sustainable Fashion Design" runway as part of the CHINA-UK Collaborative teaching project in December 2019. The project tackles the issue of New York - as an influential global city - under increasing risk of flood.
- ASIMOV - GRADUATE COLLECTION - GFF SPORTS AND LEISUREWEAR SHORTLISTMy final collection is a thought provoking body of work questioning human's future on earth. The project explores a future reality of Martian inhabitation and explores the practicality and function needed in clothing in order to survive on the red planet. As a graduate of the class of 2020 - my time at university was cut short. However, due to the nature of my project, realistic final garments are shown below through the use of the software CLO-3D.
- GFF SPORTS AND LEISURE AWARD -Team Terrazzo Men's Road CyclingLive Brief as part of my graduate 2020 final exit portfolio from Manchester Metropolitan University. Men's performance wear for British road cycling, with emphasis on graphics and road safety design elements. The graphics are based around common textures found in coffee shops where cyclists often end their ride.
Projects credited in
- Meet the GFF 2020 Fashion Technical Drawing Award NomineesTechnical flat lay digital drawings play a huge part within design and manufacturing roles in the fashion industry. Graduate Fashion Foundation is proud to support the important skill and recognise the value it holds. Ensuring a Technical Drawing is correct, to scale and featuring all components is incredibly important to ensure another team member, or factory can manufacture the garment correctly. Meet the award nominees below!8
- Meet the GFF 2020 Sportswear & Leisurewear Award NomineesPerformance, and non-performance sportswear or ‘athleisure’ have grown extensively in recent years. Combined, ‘athletics’ and ‘leisure’ is clothing that was developed for sport activities but is worn in everyday life, or free time, or sportswear for non-athletic activities that have become increasingly seen in streetwear and on the catwalks. This award is open to all sportswear and leisurewear categories i.e. performance and non-performance sportswear, athleisure and leisurewear. Meet the nomine10
- 3D Rendering
- Fashion Design
- CAD Drawings
- Adobe Create Suite
- Pattern Cutting
- Garment Construction
- Concept Creating
- Design Development
- Technical Specification
- Technical Design
BA (Hons) Fashion Design and Technology - SportswearManchester Metropolitan University
Manchester, United Kingdom
Fashion design and technology specialising in sportswear with 12 month industrial placement.
Sustainable Fashion Design WorkWuhan Textile UniversityCompletion of the "Sustainability Fashion Design Work" of CHINA-UK collaborative teaching project. Submitted my "HOLOCENE EXTINCTION" project to be showcased as part of a runway show in Wuhan, China December 2019