My name is Valentine Mick Celliers, I’m a full-time Content Strategist, occasional traveller and amateur YouTuber living in London. I’ve had the privilege of working with some of the world’s coolest, craziest, boring-est and booziest companies in world, such as Red Bull, Google, Samsung, Martell Cognac and Porsche. But I’m frustrated. I’m proud and honored by the work I’ve achieved with my teams and clients, but I’m frustrated – I want a lot more.
- Google Telecoms Connect (2017)Telecoms Conenct objective is to effectively showcase the great work that Google does in conjunction with and for the telecoms industry. As the UX designer, I was to consider and include the following: - A platform to communicate Google-based solutions/potential for the telecoms industry - Case Studies to reveal the practical use case and application of Google solutions within the existing industry - Feature upcoming and past events
- 1715, by Martell Cognac (2015)The prestigious Martell Cognac was reaching a prestigious year in 2015. Maturing to a ripe age of 300 years old, the Publicis Machine team knew we had to think up and activate something very special for such a special occasion. To mark its launch in South Africa, Martell Cognac presented 1715 – a pop-up bar/lounge concept featuring the country’s hottest DJs, most glamorous chefs, and finest cognac for 6 weeks only. Located on the ground floor of the Sandton Eye (below the Radisson Blu hotel) in the upmarket suburb of Sandton in Johannesburg, 1715 by Martell Cognac opened its doors to the public on Saturday 17 October and ran until 21 November 2015. It was touted as the place to be for the Johannesburg jet set, where the city’s ‘who’s who’ could enjoy the world’s no.1 Prestige Cognac House. The 1715 activation saw Martell Cognac launch successfully into the South African market, and produced promising reviews on both the taste of Martell Cognac, and the experience of the pop-up bar/lounge. The tribute to the oldest of the great cognac houses was able to re-establish Martell as a cognac brand, as opposed to the well-known brandy. The menu and evenings entertainment package was supplied via a beautifully sleek website and payment gateway, for details of the event, tailored packages, meal-types, alcohol of choice & reservation of tables. For one of the most tasteful evenings of the year, we were glad we offered a first-impression fitting for this calibre event via the website. With each facet of this spectacular pop-up activation designed to immerse guests in Martell Cognac’s world of opulence and create the ultimate cognac experience, 1715 by Martell Cognac was the talk of the town! Creative Director: Jake Bester Art Direction: Joshua Foster / MW van der Walt Product Designer: Valentine Mick Developer: Valentine Mick / Gareth Cozens Copywriter: Jake Bester / Kenneth Van Reenen
- Red Bull #WingsOfSummer (2015)In the summer of 2015, Red Bull introduced their latest flavour to the family of high-energy content drinks: Red Bull Summer Edition. As the name suggests, the mother brand has strategically targeted rollout during the summer months around the globe, and thus the something to be conscious of when tackling the brief. While at Publicis Machine, we were to introduce the flavour to the South African market in a simple, effective way. We decided to collaborate with the Red Bull Studios team to produce an exclusive #WingsOfSummer soundtrack, discoverable (and downloadable/streamable) through the Red Bull Website when shared on their social networks. When partnered with the portable, "weather-friendly", mobile phone speaker, we abled Red Bull lovers to take the summer vibes along with them wherever they went – even our loved, sandy beaches.
- Red Bull X-Fighters (2014)The Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour is the premier Freestyle Motocross series in its discipline of motorsport. The series travels all around the world to incredible locations as the riders perform heart-stopping tricks all in the name of becoming champion. 2014 marked the first time a Red Bull X-Fighters World Tour stop was to be held in South Africa. We set out to create a campaign to bring the global excitement of Red Bull X-Fighters to life with a uniquely South African look and feel. To do this we created a series of patterns and handcrafted typefaces that combined elements of the high-octane, extreme nature of the sport with the tradition, heritage and aesthetic of South African art and culture. Until then, South Africans weren't all to savvy with the exhilarating FMX sport, so we created an awareness campaign to educate South African consumers about Red Bull X-Fighters there was an in-store consumer mechanic which there drove to an online trivia game. By putting yourself against the clock or challenging your friends to compete one-on-one, participants' answered FMX and Red Bull related questions to earn hampers, instant prizes, and even tickets to the final, held in Pretoria. Sharing your score and progress via your social channels earned you extra points while amplifying X-Fighter's awareness. We included "Instacards", which were FMX fan cards, which appeared weekly via the Red Bull South Africa Instagram feed as areminder and released via our microsite to pin to your profile and collect in build up to the event. Sharing these Instacards on your Instagram with the event hashtag didn't hurt the chances of you possibly receiving two tickets to the final either!
- Publicis Machine, French Kiss (2014)Merging together can be awkward. So when Machine merged with French group Publicis Worldwide we thought to ourselves, "what better way to overcome this, than with a kiss?". It is after all, a very French way of greeting. We've never shied away from pushing boundaries and doing things differently. So why would we approach our press release any different? We shot provocative and beautiful images of Publicis and Machine agency folk lip-locked in a warm embrace. We also applied a French twist to the rest of the campaign elements. Internally, it was a chance to overcome and break down the awkwardness. Externally, we were two agencies making out to become one.
+ Show more
- Ad Strategy
- Brand Strategy
- Content Strategies
- Experiencial Marketing
- Creative Direciton
- Audience Insights
- Market Research
- Social Meda