You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Hello, I am a London-based Freelance Picture Researcher & Photo Editor and Visual Cultures graduate welcoming research requests that require a keen eye for art, architecture, photography, history and culture. After years of working in the arts and the picture licensing industry I founded the research platform Archive Weaver, specialising in: • Picture and archive research for publishing houses, print, media and broadcasting companies; • Comprehensive project research for creatives, academics and institutions. From the obscure and wonderful to the classic and iconic, I have a real passion for archival and historical images, and welcome any picture and archive research requests that require a keen eye for art, architecture, photography, history and culture. Whether you are looking for a specific image or have a broad concept in mind, I can help you find the perfect picture for your project, from interpreting briefs, carrying out image research in English, German and Bulgarian, negotiating licensing fees within your budget, keeping records of captions and credit lines to obtaining the necessary additional copyright clearances and delivering the final image selection. I will ensure that your project will be visually arresting, clearly communicating the meaning of your message. I also take on research projects commissioned by artists, photographers, architects, filmmakers, academics and public institutions. Apart from being able to track down and license relevant archival material, I carry out comprehensive and thorough historical, theoretical and conceptual research in relation to your ongoing projects, assisting you in contextualising those within a wider cultural framework or to fit a specific brief or context.Locked Pro Plan feature
•Creatively interpreting research briefs • Carrying out image research in English, German and Bulgarian • Negotiating licensing fees within your budget • Keeping records of captions and credit lines • Obtaining the necessary additional copyright clearances • Delivering image selections • Carrying out comprehensive and thorough historical, theoretical and conceptual research for artists, architects, photographers, filmmakers, authors, academics and institutions in relation to their ongoing projects, assisting them in contextualising those within a wider cultural framework or to fit a specific brief or context
• Interpreted a variety of image briefs • Carried out picture research on the library's database as well as across the websites of a number of international partner archives for a range of editorial and non-editorial clients - book publishers, newspapers, magazines, galleries, museums and television production companies • Advised clients on third-party copyright clearances (any additional artistic copyrights, property rights or personality rights) • Supervised a small team consisting of another picture researcher and a translator • Liaised with the photographers represented by the agency - coordinated the communication between them and the scanning and documentation departments in the Berlin head office • Researched new collections and image material for potential representation to continuously grow the archive • Translated picture captions from original German
• Conducted artistic research based on existing artworks and potential future projects • Assisted in the application for grants, residencies and competitions • Researched potential funding bodies • Maintained the artist’s website
• Read and evaluated short story submissions
• Editing and proofreading • Conducted interviews with publishers • Updated the website • General administrative work
• Conducted content and image research on two in-house developed titles: "Experimental Eating" and "Made by Hand"
• Primarily assisted the editorial department by reading submissions in English and German and writing reader’s reports • Occasionally assisted the publicity department by making showcards, writing reader guides, finding stand-out quotes from the new titles for the Twitter campaigns • Administrative work: did the company’s post, covered reception, filed book reviews • Organised the backlist titles and prepared a record-keeping system
• Carried out curatorial research for upcoming shows • Liaised with national and international artists, collectors, galleries and museums • Organised the shipping and insurance of art works • Maintained the existing archive • Wrote press releases
• Assisted visitors with their enquiries and complaints • Provided information about events and the exhibition programme of the Academy of Arts • Exhibition supervision
The courses I undertook focused on the exploration of a range of theoretical perspectives and philosophical attitudes in relation to cultural and art practices. The course 'Transcultural Memory' engaged with questions of memory, the interaction between different histories, the unframing of biased historical narratives and stereotypical representations and with ways of rethinking monumentality and commemoration. The main objective of the course 'Geographies' was to explore questions of belonging and human mobility and to investigate possible ways of entering Globalization through models other than capital, finance, economics and labour. Master thesis: 'See These Words When the Words Escape the Page. Acts of Textual Appropriation in Contemporary Visual Art', Pass with distinction.
Gaining in-depth knowledge of the disciplines by studying the history of art from the Early Middle Ages to the Present, with an emphasis on the art of the 20th and 21st century, as well as 20th century philosophy, cultural studies, film studies and photography. Developing excellent research skills, experience in giving presentations, learning to work independently and to deadlines. Bachelor thesis: 'Space, Body, Mind and Time in the Wallpaintings of Richard Wright'.