I am a recent Fashion Journalism graduate who is passionate about arts, literature, publishing and wider culture. Topics of particular interest to me are sustainable practice, craft, fashion and art history as well as classic and contemporary literature. I have also recently founded and edited a new publication created by women for women called The Bower Monologues, where these topics are viewed in consideration of the female psyche.Locked Pro Plan feature
As part of my final major project for university, I produced, edited and sold a magazine and accompanying website targeted at women interested in arts and literature. It contains over 100 pages of content featuring over 15 pieces of my writing as well as pieces of artwork and writing I commissioned. In researching the market and audience for my publication, I developed a good grasp of tailoring content as well as coherent communication across print and digital platforms. I regularly post and commission written content for online and remain active on Instagram. I hope to do a second issue later this year.
- Pitching and writing content for online. This included news, feature and broadcast pieces - As Features editor I also sub-edited and published written and broadcast features on a weekly basis
- Pitched feature ideas - Wrote a news piece for online - Transcribed interviews for upcoming features - Attended press events and interviewed indivudals about new products - Assisted the beauty team and features team where I could with any administrative jobs
- Created online written content for the digital private-members club on a freelance basis. - Marketing based content for new and prospective members - Created media packs, presentations and email templates - Liased with PR’s
- Good knowledge of conventions and terms within journalism - Written and produced visual content for both print and online - Produced and edited a print and online publication
- Obtained 10 GCSE’S above Grade C - Obtained 3 A-Levels graded ABB - Achieved an A in an Extended Project Qualification based on the topic of the History of Fashion.