Mina Tahir an Egyptian/American designer, creative director, and photographer whose design sensibility seamlessly blends her heritage, artwork, and textiles with the past, present and future.Locked Pro Plan feature
Future Sustainable Fashion Leader at the Copenhagen Youth Fashion Summit on sustainability in fashion organized by Global Fashion Agenda & Copenhagen School of Design & Technology in partnership with United Nations Global Compact initiative. ‣ Participant at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2018 - 2019 ‣ Focus on SDG5 Gender Equality ‣ Head of Graphic Design for SDG5 Team
‣ Archived and organized fabrics for Michael Kors Collection | SS18 RTW, FW18, Pre-Fall 18 ‣ Assisted with showroom/runway production | labels, look boards, and tags ‣ Organized atelier supplies
‣ Cover Shoot Intern | November 2017 Issue ‣ Worked alongside Anya Ziourova and assistant stylist
‣ Worked alongside events producer and client services manager ‣ Assisted in management of seasonal interns ‣ Assisted in organization and maintenance of studio(s) ‣ Handled customer service for VIP clients ‣ Facilitated runway, photoshoot, and event production | FOH + BOH ‣ Designed production day sheet for client services team ‣ Clients | Calvin Klein, Altuzzara, Jason Wu, Opening Ceremony, Zac Posen, & more
‣ Assisted with runway show production | FOH + BOH ‣ Worked alongside client services manager to manage client relationships ‣ Assisted with studio(s) maintenance, appearance, and layout
‣ Produced content for social media outlets | editing + copywriting ‣ Assisted in planning, organizing and producing events | NYFW, BeatsbyDre x ML Townhouse ‣ Managed client relationships
‣ Developed content for social media outlets and blog ‣ Designed and developed marketing tools | posters + video ‣ Worked on technical flats and assisted with design development documentation ‣ Sourced fabrics, trims, and notions ‣ Assisted head designer with pattern making and cutting ‣ Archived and organized atelier, patterns, fabrics, and supplies ‣ Conducted trend/city research See less
Study Abroad | Summer 2017 Honors | Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
BFA Fashion Design & Art History Study Abroad | Spring 2017 Honors | BFA Scholarship - Deans BFA Scholarship
B.Creative Entrepreneurship Minor Honors | BFA Scholarship - Deans BFA Scholarship - BFA Supplement Award Parsons School of Fashion Graduate Exhibition / New York, NY (May 2018)
2018 Fashion Future Graduate Showcase is a hybrid physical and digital showcase of Youth, my thesis collection. Showcase held at Industria Studios from July 9-10 and is integrated into New York Fashion Week: Men’s.
CFDA+ is a curated platform to spotlight exemplary graduating talent. Selected CFDA+ 2018 Design Graduates will receive a one-year profile-based showcase on CFDA.com. CFDA+ profiles are visible to the CFDA Membership community of 500+ leading American designers. Additionally, the CFDA is honored to continue its collaboration with Floriane de Saint Pierre’s Paris-based Eyes on Talents, which will generously spotlight CFDA+ and provide the talent with unique global exposure.