You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Enthusiastic, adaptable, industrious, innovative, good-humoured and ideas and content-driven, I am a creative self-starter who has worked with people from all walks of life. Offering a rich skill set, I am keen to bring my experience to grow and develop in digital communications.
• Managing and implementing end-to-end production timelines for secure material for 5 high-profile vocational qualifications • Managing internal communications for the Functional Skills team via the companies’ internal social media site, Neo and the FS Wiki Page • Contracting and commissioning new writers • Managing a team of freelancers– writers, revisers, proof readers, and scrutineers • Scheduling production dates and arranging and leading paper review meetings • Proof-reading papers, sourcing images and sending papers to typesetting • Uploading content to the Edexcel website via CMS Systems and Campus • Working with digital platforms for publications – XML, HTML 5 and POP.
• Attending documentary and film screenings • Interviewing directors and actors • Writing on-brand review pieces for website publication. I still write reviews for website publication on a freelance basis.
• Attending a large number of theatre and fringe shows • Writing reviews under tight deadlines for website publication. I still write reviews for the website on a freelance basis.
• Managing submissions and content for a total of 5 high-profile medical journals • Organisation of book material in accordance with strict in-house guidelines to prepare it for in-house production • Liaising closely with Production Editors, Journal Editors and authors to ensure journals have sufficient content on a weekly basis - adhering to strict, immovable deadlines • Being the first point of author contact; handling phone calls and email enquiries from authors and other stakeholders
Running corporate events and functions for clients for a French-influenced restaurant during my temporary residency in Perth, Western Australia.
Producing copy for gig and EP reviews for releases from Bristol-based artists for website publication on a freelance basis.
• Using Photoshop to adjust image size and correct blemishes • Editing, proof-reading, correcting books on InDesign • Producing copy for blurbs and website publication • Managing the team’s Twitter account • Commissioning new titles and issuing author contracts • Liaising with authors regarding edits and publishing timelines • Working closely with digital designers to create high-quality e-books.
English and American Literature - from Chaucerian to Modernist. 2:1 achieved.