Monty’s career as an art director and Creative Director spans almost 25 years with experience and creative awards across every channel from print, outdoor and design to mobile, PR, content and film. He thinks he might be the only Asian ECD listed in Campaign's A List - but if you know better let me know I'll gladly amend that.
- Monty Verdi Executive Creative Director ShowreelI am an Executive Creative Director with 25 years experience at the highest level with broad expertise. I’ve Creative Directed brands at a Global level, headed up an entire Design department and been ECD for Content & Social at two agencies. My skillset includes brand campaigns, film, art direction, digital, print, content and social. Previously, I held roles as Executive Creative Director for Content & Social at VCCP and before that at Drum, overseeing Content & Social for brands across th
- eightfourtwo Brand IdentityBrand identity for a boutique wealth management company. Their brief was all about the lasting relationships they built with their Members and the long and rewarding journeys they take with them. Legend has it that the Beatles song ‘The Long and Winding Road’ was inspired by the meandering Highland route that led to Paul McCartney’s Scottish home. The title perfectly sums up the client's distinctive approach to wealth management. And the name of McCartney’s long and winding road? The B842. h
- Lynx 'Deliver The Chill'For Lynx Ice Chill we recruited a celebrity 'crew' to keep the British public smelling fresh. The campaign features brand ambassador Anthony Joshua OBE, Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard, rapper Tinie Tempah and YouTube star Calfreezy as they scout out young lads in need of some deodorant. A prize giveaway offered fans the chance to win a prize with each featured celebrity. We also created limited edition cans featuring Anthony Joshua. The work was written by Graham Ensor and art dir
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Anthony NolanAnthony Nolan tasked Drum with driving financial donations. First, we had to create a brand platform for the charity. We found this in Without you there is no cure. Next, we launched 'Without You'. A story about a young woman looking for someone special. Research found people were three times more likely to donate to the charity after seeing the film. The work was also shortlisted at the British Arrows.
- Just Another DayIn order to capture the bleak reality of loneliness amongst older people at Christmas, Drum, in partnership with production studio Independent, created a poignant film called ‘Just Another Day’. Following an older man’s unchanging, daily routine without human contact across the four seasons, the film provides a unique insight into the monotony of loneliness in later life. Currently in the UK, more than 1.2 million older people in England are chronically lonely, and 1.4 million admit that Christmas day passes them by just like any other. The ad portrays a very different kind of Christmas for those who don’t have any family or friends to celebrate the festive season with. The campaign exceeded all expectation and resulted in an 82% increase in volunteers, in comparison to 2016, along with a 52% increase in regular donations, with Age UK achieving their highest ever donations and volunteers on one single day. Awareness of Age UK hit an all-time high, with a staggering 254% increase in social mentions, whilst also trending at No.1 on Twitter on release. Finally, our campaign transferred into popular culture with the likes of Russell Howard, Sky News, Good Morning Britain and Channel 4 covering it as part of their television editorial, without beinf approached by Age UK.5
+ Show more
Executive Creative DirectorVCCP Kin
London, United KingdomFull Time
VCCP Kin are the Branded Content and Social agency within the VCCP Partnership.
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- Branded Content
- Film Advertising
- Social Campaign
- Brand Partnerships
- Automotive Advertising