I am a culturally engaged, optimistic and strategic thinker where I aspire to continue my career in the tech industry. I am currently working as Social Media Manager for Canva based in Sydney. I have experience across social media, project management, advertising as well as editorial. Outside of my current job, I am a body positive activist and writer. I was a commissioned writer for the popular UK journal, The Skinny where I wrote articles on fashion, arts and culture. I am interested in wellbeing where I am co-founder of I Am More Than, a project that promotes body positivity. I have written articles for The Huffington Post, The Daily Record, The Herald and have appeared on STV Glasgow and BBC Radio Scotland discussing body positivity. I’m available for opportunities within the social marketing space from production to curation to strategy. I am also an aspiring arts, culture and lifestyle writer so please do feel free to connect and let me know if you’d like to collaborate.
- Olafur Eliasson’s In Real Life at Tate ModernImage: Dazed Digital Words: Morgan McTiernan (unpublished) Artificial rain dripping down a window, Reindeer moss appearing to grow from the gallery’s wall and a channel of copper water flowing slowly back and forth. This is the welcome to Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson’s retrospective, In Real Life at Tate Modern. From the start, visitors interact with mother nature and at some points able to touch or taste the elements. Eliasson explores his interests in the environment and weather
- I Am More ThanEditorials for I Am More Than campaign. Art direction, styling, art talent management by myself and co-founder, Rosalind Main. What if all those negative words you read in magazines, heard in the charts, watched on the television and maybe even at times spoke to yourself could be altered? Unseen, unheard, unrealistic, unworthy, unsuccessful ... why is ‘un’ part of these words? And without the ‘un’ the words are pretty empowering ; Seen, heard, realistic, worthy and successful, these words are o
- THEOUTNET.COM IG Content ShootBrief : Support new product uploads through product and models shots. Outcome : I assisted in sourcing products by working with merch team to curate a range of accessories and clothing. I assisted in sourcing talent for the shoot and shooting prep. The shoot was carried out by YNAP's in-house photography studio team where I was on hand for styling and art direction. I then worked alongside the social media producer to select images and feedback to retouching. The images were published organical
- Hosting Storying - AirbnbBrief : Curate social content promoting hosting across UK and France. Outcome : I project managed this brief where we created short videos profiling UK and FR hosts on Airbnb. I worked with mobilisation teams to select key hosts. I then interviewed hosts where their quotes were embedded in the video assets. I briefed an illustrator to bring give the images motion and illustrate the host's quotes. The videos were localised in FR and had paid media placed behind them.
- Airbnb Global IG StoriesBrief : Create organic Instagram Stories that showcase unique listings on Airbnb. Outcome : I drafted a storyboard that showcased unique listings on Airbnb. Images were sourced from user generated content and I wrote the copy. I briefed an illustrator to illustrate key "unique" features of the home and to animate the text. This format proved to be popular and is now being used across a number of organic Instagram stories that I project manage.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Fast Track 50: meet 50 trailblazers redefining the creative & digital industriesWe’re thrilled to announce 2019’s Fast Track 50! Google and The Dots have partnered on the inaugural Fast Track 50 programme to fast track the careers of 50 rising stars – ensuring they land opportunities regardless of challenges set by socio-economic background. Over the past six months, the Fast Track 50 have had unrivalled access to industry connections and opportunities through a series of profession/skills masterclasses, industry introductions and speed recruitment events with the best in t89
- Event 2: Professions MasterclassThe focus of this event was to help our 50 Fast Trackers deep-dive on the various roles and career options that they could apply their skills across the digital and creative industries. We know that understanding industry professions may be a confusing process as there is a lot of jargon around what exactly these roles are (i.e. the difference between a strategist/planner, art director/creative director, UX/UI etc). Set in a fireside chat format, our Fast Trackers met with leading industry prof25
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Photo Editing
- Editorial Campaigns
- Project Management
- Creative Advertising
- Acrylic Painting
MA Hons, History of Art, 2:1University of Glasgow
- Glasgow, United Kingdom
Subsidiary Subjects: Economics, Theatre Studies. I studied Economics until junior honours year and studied Introduction to Law in my senior honours year.