I am a culturally engaged, optimistic and strategic thinker where I aspire to continue my career in the tech industry. I am currently on a contract position working in marketing at Airbnb. I have experience across social media, project management, advertising as well as editorial. Outside of my current job, I am a body positive activist and writer. I was a commissioned writer for the popular UK journal, The Skinny where I wrote articles on fashion, arts and culture. I am interested in wellbeing where I am co-founder of I Am More Than, a project that promotes body positivity. I have written articles for The Huffington Post, The Daily Record, The Herald and have appeared on STV Glasgow and BBC Radio Scotland discussing body positivity. I’m available for opportunities within the social marketing space from production to curation to strategy. I am also an aspiring arts, culture and lifestyle writer so please do feel free to connect and let me know if you’d like to collaborate.
- Coordinating social media posts across EMEA channels working with stakeholders and localisation teams. - Leading on global @airbnb Instagram channel, managing insights and developing IG Stories strategy. - Developing social marketing activations and managing influencer programs. - European lead on operational platforms, training global team members and maintaining relationship with external partners.
- Worked with the creative marketing team to promote TON products across social media channels. - Scheduled posts, conducted market and competitor research, used analytic insights to influence content creation and wrote copy. - Assisted on Chatbot launch. - Assisted in monthly photoshoot prep and content creation.
- Researched editorial content for the weekly published magazine (circulation 500,000). - Liaised with public relations agencies regarding new product launches and features. - Attended and covered events on social media.
- Worked on the Dove and BT accounts where I researched insights and created background reports on competitor products and the market. - Gathered market data for BT and assisted with new product launches. - Project managed two live briefs where I had to create marketing campaigns and brief clients. This exposed me to the overall journey from research to delivering assets.
- Uploaded and edited editorial content for online using CMS. - Researched background materials for Dazed stories, transcribed interviews and pitched article ideas for online and print editions. - Wrote headlines and subject lines in order to engage readers implementing SEO.
Assisted in the running of the gallery, setting up new exhibitions, liaised with press, managed the inventory and updated the gallery’s website on Artsy as well as being involved in discussing works to potential clients operating with budgets from $5,000 to $20,000.
- Assisted on the accounts for Gucci, Escada, SK-II and Dolce & Gabbana. - Researched and wrote competitor and trend reports and tracked press articles on product launches. - Assisted in the launch of Gucci cosmetics where I condensed all published content on products and helped with the press coverage event.
Subsidiary Subjects: Economics, Theatre Studies. I studied Economics until junior honours year and studied Introduction to Law in my senior honours year.
Selected as most inspirational student at University of Glasgow by UNIQLO in partnership with The Tab due to my efforts in raising awareness of the lack of body diversity in the media industry. I appeared on STV Glasgow, BBC Radio Scotland and across Scottish Press.