I am passionate about driving awareness, engagement and purpose around causes that I feel passionate about and I have typically used music, entertainment and high profile pioneers to bring attention and focus where otherwise there is no voice. In 2017 I launched Kitchen & Soul; its aim is to connect nutrition and mental health. Creating conversation, breaking down stereotypes and the same time not compromising on food that makes us feel awesome. Is good, does good. A range SoulBalls which are natural energy balls blended with Ayurvedic spices. I am the former Director of Brand and Culture of The House of St Barnabas. I was responsible for not only the culture of the brand but its relevance, progression and visibility. I worked to define what The House of St Barnabas stood for, its social impact and how successful it was as a desirable place to work. Working with cultural pioneers in music, art and literature, I created the award-winning Culture Series. Other projects include: Peace One Day The Swim, Cancer Research UK Vision, Sound, Music Festival, Southbank
- RetrospectivePortrait exhibition by renowned photographer Tom Oldham to celebration the first anniversary of the not-for-profit club at The House of St Barnabas. Held over two weeks February 2015 featuring some of the famous supporters, contributers and trainees from the charity's Employment Academy.
- Art Social 15Art Social, The House of St Barnabas' annual festival of arts and culture returned for its 2nd year. The week long festival consisted of a free public arts programme, an installation in Soho Square and a ticketed weekend festival. The weekend festival featured talks (Wallpaper*, Hole&Corner, Patternity, Hannah Pool, Ossian Ward, Idler Academy) workshops with Oh Comely Magazine. live music and entertainment. The festival was supported by Arts Council I founded the festival and co-curated this alongside Ekow Eshun who came on board as Creative Director.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- THE FUTURE OF MEMBERSHIPSince 2015, the New Citizenship Project has been working with membership organisations on a shared inquiry; to explore a future of membership focused primarily on participation in purpose, not transactions and benefits. We published the findings from our early work in the 'Future of Membership' report in 2016. The report brings together the process and outputs, and shares the model we have developed together to help other organisations explore a path towards participatory membership. Since the3
- Leaders with social heart: 100 creative changemakersCelebrating social responsibility is at the heart of what we do, so we've partnered with Squarespace – whose mission is to inspire people with creative ideas to succeed – to shine a light on 100 influential luminaries from art, technology, charity, design, business and more that are working tirelessly to make our world a better place. To highlight these organisations, we asked 10 creative changemakers to each nominate 10 people behind inspiring brands, products and movements with amazing social
- ADVICE FROM NADRA SHAH, DIRECTOR OF CULTURE, THE HOUSE OF ST BARNABASTo celebrate International Women’s Day, we spoke to some of the most inspiring women on The Dots who are doing exciting things, changing the creative landscape. Over the rest of the week, we’ll be highlighting their work, thoughts on what it means to them to be in the creative industries, their inspirations, aspirations, iconic role models and sage words of advice. Next up, we have Nadra Shah, Director of Culture at The House of St Barnabas, a Not-for-profit private members’ club in the heart of Soho with a drive for social change at its heart.
FounderKitchen & Soul Ltd
United KingdomFull Time
Kitchen & Soul (K&S) exists to connect mental wellbeing and nourishing food. Born out of a frustration that many 'health food' brands lacked complex flavour and left you feel rather dissatisfied, Kitchen & Soul created interesting healthy snacks that delivered on both nutrition and taste. SoulBalls are a range of energy balls free of preservatives each blended with spices. Our feel good factor comes from a balanced nutrition and a satisfying on-the-go or occasional snack that creates a feeling of wellbeing.
Director of Brand of CultureThe House of St Barnabas
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Strategic and creative lead on taking The House of St Barnabas' brand forward. Festival Director for Art Social, The House of St Barnabas' annual festival to inspire a more connected community of social change makers
+ Show more
- Brand Creative Strategy
- Curatorial Content
- Event Management