Thank you for visiting my profile. I am an MA Design Management and Cultures student at London College of Communication, University of the Arts London. I have a Bachelor of Interior Design from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada with a minor/ certification in Professional (Business) Communications. In my personal website, you will find a selection of multi-disciplinary design work that I have compiled working in various design studios during academic, professional and freelance practices since 2010. I have had the opportunity to attend Ryerson School of Interior Design, an interdisciplinary design program known to be the best school of Interior Design in Canada. This program entails interior architecture, design dynamics and technology classes, as well as product and furniture design courses, with graphic design training - basically the whole package! I have also had the privilege to intern or work for great companies since my second year of undergraduate degree which exposed me to residential, commercial, exhibition and experimental design, and later on, to the high-end, European furniture design world. All my jobs have taught me so much and have led me to something bigger and better each time. I have learned that my skills are best utilised in a group setting and when working with others. I love to network and socialise and I especially enjoy volunteering for a good cause. By studying design management in one of the world's top art & design universities, and one of the most culturally rich cities in the world, I hope to develop high-level leadership, management, communication and analytical skills for a career in the creative and cultural industries. Please feel free to email me with any comments or questions you might have, as I’d love to chat: firstname.lastname@example.org Best, Nareh* Ghookassian (*It’s pronounced: nâ-ré and my surname is not as difficult to pronounce as it looks)Locked Pro Plan feature
- Drafting AutoCAD plans, elevations and products as it relates to furniture placement and layouts; - Managing daily sales and providing excellent customer service as it pertains to Suite 22 clients from point of purchase to delivery and installation of products ordered; - Performing in store and on site Interior Design consultations and offering design services to current/future clients; - Merchandising and display changes; - Maintaining the store inventory; - Conducting client presentations and participating in the Interior Design Show, in Toronto; - Designing and generating graphic related materials such as brochures, catalogues, vinyl murals, signage, etc.
- Working cooperatively and collaboratively with the team to provide high-quality customer service; - Holding an A sales grading consecutively for 4 weeks demonstrating perseverance and dedication; - Developing problem-solving and communication skills by resolving customer complaints; - Successfully completed the Danier Leather ‘Knowledge of Leather’ training.
- Assisting the principals of the firm with furniture and finish selections; - Preparing technical AutoCAD drawings; - Maintaining the resource library; - Meeting with manufacturer representatives and clients; - On-site client visits; - Handling administrative responsibilities such as reception, phone, and general office duties; - Assembling material boards, presentation boards and specification.
- Responsible for all concept sketches, build drawings and final renderings for booth completion; - Assisting in the project planning and creation of booths; - Working with the team to meet the end needs of the client from ideation to installation; - Working with a wide variety of CAD software to meet the client’s needs; - Participating in client and distributor meetings; - Coordinating and inspecting trade-show installations; - Participating in trade shows.
- Drafting CAD and CoralDraw drawings; - Managing daily office routines; - Responsible for Company Branding; - Responsible for designing and updating the website, responsible for the social media, company brochures, posters, and occasional ads.
- Part time sales associate and stock-person of the ladies' and men’s shoe departments; - Assisting customers, operating cash register, inventory markdowns, stockroom organiser; - Placing orders and stock inquiry for customers; assisting in store transfers of specific merchandise - Registering new HBC Credit Card and Master Cards applications for customers; - Assisting customers with HBC credit services; doing inquiries, credit increase, change of address, etc; - Assisting in the company’s annual inventory.
MA Design Management and Cultures combines academic study with creative and professional practice in a project-led curriculum that draws on a range of interdisciplinary perspectives from business and the arts. http://www.arts.ac.uk/lcc/courses/postgraduate/ma-design-management-and-cultures/
The Professional Communication certificate provides background in theory and practice opportunities to contribute to complex communication strategies involving traditional and new media for a range of business and professional contexts. The certificate helped student be able to promote organisations, develop relationships with clients and colleagues, while building online communities to inform and persuade
At the Ryerson School of Interior Design, the aim is to provide a learning environment that balances the theoretical and the practical, the experiential and the conceptual world of design. http://rsid.ryerson.ca/about/who-are-we