Hi I’m Tali, a london based illustrator & designer originally from the sunny island of the Philippines. Colourful and personal, my designs feature topics that are close to my heart or of importance to a bigger cause. Highly skilled in drawing, printmaking, and graphic design with a BA in Illustration and Visual Communication. I'm excited to show my to show my value to the creative industries!
- Marta and Tali's Secret RecipesMy lino printed-illustrated cookbook was inspired by childhood memories of baking with my mom, who used to own a very popular bakery & cake company in the Philippines. In 2014, we sold the company, along with the recipes, to fund our move to the UK (thus the title- 'Secret Recipes'). All the illustrations were lino printed, then digitally edited to fit each context; to see the full book visit my website https://talimatute.wixsite.com/visuals/secret-recipes-cookbook
- Lotusfeet Recyclable PackagingI have taken the opportunity to create a range of recyclable packaging designs for a trade jewellery company called Lotusfeet, that specialises in Filipino artisan products. As the world is becoming more conscious of climate change and waste, this project aims to create something more sustainable and recyclable so that the people that receive the orders can reuse or recycle the packaging the jewellery comes in. Environmentally friendly packaging can go a long way with other companies and custome
- Hindu Playing CardsFor this redesign project I've used Hindu deities instead of European monarchs for a pack of playing cards. I was inspired by my recent travels to share knowledge on the amazing gods/goddess of Hinduism. I have started by creating designs for the Ace, King, Queen, and Jack of Diamonds and am planning develop the pack along the process. I have created a back design that features popular Indian patterns as well (such as the mandala and paisley).
- ShelltimentalsThis documentary project is called Shelltimental, a play on the words ‘shells’ and ‘sentimental’. Sea- shells have always been an object that instantly reminds me of where I grew up. My environment was warm and by the seaside, and seashells have been something I had been collecting from a young age until the point I moved away. This project aims to present the beauty in different seashells but also the personal meanings and memories they hold.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- University of Westminster, Illustration & Visual Communication BA (Hons)Our course offers a flexible, multimedia approach to the study and practice of contemporary illustration and visual communication arts. The ethos of the course is to nurture individual creativity, through a programme that encourages an open and speculative approach, through visual inquiry and diagnostic experimentation across a wide range of image media practices and contexts. Opportunities to participate in internships, work experience and industry led initiatives prepare students to ente13
Events TeamHouse of Illustration
London, United KingdomPart Time
Hands-on work experience with gallery invigilation, curation, and retail. Presently, working with the HOI events team on private hires and other creative events.
+ Show more
- Branding Design
- Packaging Design
- Publication Design
- Print Campaigns
- Art Department
- Lino Printing
- Gallery Invigilation
- Creative Events
- Art Direction