You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Motivated and hard working design professional with experience in flat Leathergoods, Handbags and small accessories design and development. I can design a collection from sketch to the prototyping and further production supervision. I thrive on the research process leading to the development of the collection but also really enjoy developping the product from patterns to the final sample for production. I am a bit of a perfectionist and can be a bit of nitpicker when time frame of project allows. One of my personal interests is crafts and various heritage dying arts that can be redesigned into a contemporary product. I have worked on projects in Africal with social enterprise. I have lived and worked in a variety of countries and have very good cross cultural communication skills and fit in well within a variety of teams. I enjoy a fast paced environment and work well under pressure and have a very positive attitude when dealing with problems.
• Collaborating on an aspirational collection of home accessories to be sold in UK/US & produced in Uganda. • Consumer trends research, market research, business proposal. • Designing consumer led product easy to manufacture in Uganda. • Working with a charity in Uganda helping women with AIDS.
• Working as part of design collective designing a range of leather goods priced at £1800+ to be manufactured in Uganda & Europe. • Extensive design research into new materials, design development, mock ups, sampling and craft techniques. • Preparing presentations and detailed costings for investors. • Sourcing factories and artisans as well as experimenting in-house with improving bark cloth surface.
• Design & development of leather goods for men and women. • Redevelopment of existing range, improving quality and elevating design.
• Assiting a milliner with 20+ years experience. • I designed a disc that was worn on 1st day of Ascot by an ITV presenter. • Blocking sinamay discs, hand-stitching trims, trimming & I designed a bespoke disc for summer collection and numerous fascinators. • Observing direct feedback from the store and designing accordingly.
• In charge of men’s leather goods collection. • My direction of their collection increased brand credibility and sales. • Trend research, competitive shopping, research into vintage patterns and constructions. • Striving to achieve a cost effective, beautiful and ergonomic ‘MADE IN UK’ product. • Pattern cutting and prototyping for Dunhill, Jaguar, Land Rover, Jack Wills, Hut Group and Pickett among others. • Costings, sourcing components, putting together materials & technical packs for production handover. • Working with on-site factory to ensure a good quality product from sampling to production. • Managing numerous projects & working towards tight deadlines. • Managing workload for the design studio. • Mentoring interns and junior design team members.
• Designing, sampling and supervising production of 3 commercially successful pieces for the women’s range. • Sampling and preparing production of the Dunhill order. • Due do my vigorous QC the factory didn’t have any returns from this client for the first time. • Working with a large variety of leathers: ostrich, fish, hair on hide and lizard.
• Designing scarves, bags, prints and embellishments for high street accounts. • Accounts: Warehouse, Lipsy, Miss Selfridge, Shopdirect, TK Maxx & Historical Royal Palaces. • Trend research, competitive shopping, CADs & Photoshop renderings.
• Designing and trimming 3 ‘ready to wear’ hats, 2 bridal hats and 2 bridal fascinators. • Assisting with making couture and bespoke hats.
• Assisting with design & production of catwalk jewellery.
• Working with traditional African Masai embroidery. • Creating new ideas for existing bags in African style. • Some of the styles I created were in production for several years. • Recruiting craftsmen to produce accessories for handbags. • Making silkscreen designs and working directly with production.
Was shortlisted to participate in Sneaker Design Intensive course in Portugal. Design of a concept of Sneaker from Consumer research to the final design and presentation to the judges. As part of the course had visits to shoe sampling factory and largest outsole factory in Portugal.
1st year - Won a Spring Lane boot design competition, had handbag selected as part of BLC competition for leather manipulation. 2nd year - had handbag & shoe design selected to be presented at ALPF. 3rd year - changed exotic skin colour and finish with help of Tannery facilities in the University Leather school. Final shoe collection was made by traditional shoe maker and bag collection was shown on Graduate Fashion week catwalk.