• Ensuring the smooth day-to-day running of the gallery. • Developing and maintaining the gallery's remit. • Maintaining ongoing promotion and advertising of the gallery; assessment and selection of artwork. • Overseeing the type of artwork sold. • Planning, organising, presenting and marketing exhibitions and shows, including responsibility for public relations. • Working closely with individual artists, developing relationships with new artists, and extending relationships with established artists from the gallery. • Promoting exhibitions and work by individual artists. • Curating shows in cooperation with artists and technicians. • Arranging transportation of work to and from the gallery, both nationally and internationally. • Organising equipment hire and ensuring correct installation of the artwork. • Negotiating with gallery managers and curators from other galleries to arrange for loans. • Keeping front of house staff briefed on technical and artistic matters relating to programming. • Extending the client database. • Liaising with visiting artists and negotiating sales. • Cataloguing acquisitions and keeping records and archives. • Developing and updating the gallery website. • Promoting and selling artists' work, through both exhibitions and personal contacts. • General administration, budgeting, finance and accounts.
• Assisting the magazine stylist with organizing and installing photo shoots for the Swatch section. • Preparing the captions for the Swatch section. • Adhoc tasks at the editorial.
• Use specialised knowledge on 20th Century and Contemporary Design to guide high-profile clients, private collectors and institutions in acquisitions of new works for their private collections. • Organize and maintain the gallery?s inventory using specialized art databases such as FileMaker Pro. • Provide information related to the gallery's holdings to other curators and to the public. • Plan and organize the acquisition, storage and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials. • Possess knowledge of, and be articulate about the 20th and 21st century design and decorative arts as well as the contemporary art market. • Cultivate client relationships with private collectors, curators & art consultants. • Taking part in organizing gallery shows at: PAD London, Design Miami/ Basel.
• Preparing venue for the auction. • Phone bidding for the absentee bidders throughout the auction. • Taking care of the sales documents after the auction. • Cataloguing.
• Handling artwork. • Management and organization of the storage. • Assisting the Production and Operations Manager. • Providing administrative support to the team, organizing current database in order to transfer it to new SAP system. • Ensuring that confidential information held on the Client System is accurate and up to date; maintaining relevant data for strategic purposes. • Writing Condition Reports of artworks. • Taking part in organizing gallery shows at: BRAFA, Design Days Dubai, PAD Paris.