Nene is an Executive Creative Director, with Art Direction being my main discipline. Having worked in the creative advertising industry for over a decade. She has worked with brands such as Wall Street Journal, Disney, L’Oréal, HP, Warner Bros, Jaguar, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, Visa, Samsung and Vodaphone amongst many others. Her experience crosses both agency and client side including Digitas, Dare, MC Saatchi, JWT, Wunderman, BBDO and Adam&EveDDB. I concept, create, craft and art direct digital product designs, campaign/experience/content design, photo shoots and video shoots. As well as assemble, manage and direct creative teams (developers, strategists, makeup artists, models, photographers, videographers, stylists set designers etc.) I'm also a visual designer mainly interface design, UI and a working knowledge of UX/CX principles. I love digital campaign idea generation, layout, and brand art direction; they are my core abilities as well as having an excellent grasp on print design as well.
- DC's Elseworlds Urban City Sirens - Character Photoshoot: The FlashThe ElseWorlds comics and storyline is DC’s What if? in print exploring stories and situations that won’t affect the canon. Back in 2014, we came up with a similar idea and called it the Urban City Siren concept, a means for us to interpret the characters in a new and interesting light that was unique to us. This was my interpretation of the Flash character. Everything about this Flash is obviously about speed, but enhanced by Wing Chun which is also about speed but coupled with precision. Woul
- Project Embrace - Proud to be me campaign 2018The Project Embrace #Afrovisibility billboard campaign aimed to contribute to changing the narrow perception of beauty and bias against afro textured and curly hair by creating positive, beautiful images of that hair type on billboards. From over 400 women who applied for to be part of the campaign, 6 were chosen, photographed and filmed. Each poster celebrated the beauty of each of the 6 women. The billboards were released in over 70 locations across the UK and were featured above the Grand Ho
- LEGO DC Super-Villains UI DesignWorked as part of the design team at Spov, who were hired by TT Games to create and design the UI for the Lego DC Super Villans game. We went with the chaos and disorganised style that the DC villains would have. Elements were the in-game interface including character selection, customisation and game elements.
- Intersteller BeautyThis beauty story is inspired by the film Interstellar and makeup texture artist Danessa Myricks. Lori Bee wrote this concept about travel and familiarity in a place that isn't familiar. One of my sources of inspiration is films, so we tied it back to a story which has similar themes.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- This Black History Month 2020, meet 100 rising stars inspiring changeWe still have a long way to go when it comes to conquering the lack of diversity in all industries – which is why it is so important for us, as a platform, to use our force for good. True diversity at every level is the key to innovation and success, so we celebrate and promote Black talent throughout the year, including via our list of brilliant Black leaders. This is definitely not an exhaustive list, so we’re always looking to unearth more incredible rising stars to feature and promote, to h166
- RSVP here! Creative Hues Live - in conversation with Shannie MearsCreative Hues is a series of content that champions creatives who are having an impact in their field. RSVP for a free ticket here! We've partnered with The Dots to bring to you the 1st “Creative Hues Conversations With…” event. We are excited to have a sit-down conversation with Shannie Mears. We will talk to her about her career how she went from an intern at a Global Creative Advertising Agency to then leaving to set up The Elephant Room with the Former CEO. What it's like to be invited to n11
- Looks Like Me Black Panther PortraitsInspired by Marvels Black Panther Movie Posters, we created portraits of the Black Panther characters working with a group of children. The images were exhibited at British Film Institute and The Black Cultural Archives and featured on a number of media outlets, most notably Channel 4 in the UK. The work was commissioned by Looks Like Me Talent agency.
- IdentityCreates: Gaining Access | THE EVENTOn 31st August, we held our first Creatives Talk for entry-level creatives to gain insight and access into all things industry, job opportunities, enhancing digital skills and well-being! Thank you to our amazing speakers and host! We learnt some amazing things from each of them. From personalising your CV, gaining mentorship, to finding out how they each found their path and got into what they are doing now. We couldn't have done it without the support of our sponsors General Assembly and The10
- Identity Creates Presents: Gain Access | This SaturdayAs an entry-level creative, what are some of the things you’d like to know more about as you start out on your journey post graduating? IdentityCreates is a platform for entry-level creatives to gain insight and access into all things industry, job opportunities, enhancing digital skills and well-being. On August 31st, we will be sitting down to speak with and hear from some great people who are not only working in the industry but are dominating in their field. Find out how they broke in, obt12
+ Show more
- 11. Photoshop
- Art Direction
- UI Design
- Advert Design
- 10. Indesign
- Digital/ Print
- Graphics Design
- Creative Art Direction