A highly experienced multi-platform Senior Brand Director, specialising in marketing, campaigns, creative and brand development, with communications, leadership and award-winning work for global media companies, with both inhouse and agencies. A strong team leader, excels In facilitating change, third party IP management, delivering commercial goals, budget control, training and implementation of effective systems and processes and optimising engagement with consumers
• Leading brand development, marketing and communication for five of Viacom’s flagship channels to grow TV and digital businesses, across distribution, SVOD and 3rd party, resulting in a 5-20% increase in revenue and/or market share (measures differ for channels or territory). Consolidation of best practice, systems and processes, including hardware, software, developing marketing, innovative creative and design strategies and short and long form production. Set up Training on the value of promotional airtime, EPG positioning and implementing a media planning strategy resulting in greater viewing/user numbers, communications and prioritisation for 360 drives. • Based in Warsaw, over-seeing 6 in-house operations across UK and EM regions (inc India, Russia, Africa, Arabia, Central & East EU), with 30 headcount and various licensees/JV accounts, over 8 brands, channels in all regions including commercial clients & sponsorship. » Launched and Re-launched Comedy Central and MTV brands across all platforms getting greater viewers and clicks for revenue with significant increases in all regions » Re-structured all production and post production configurations for the main teams and all internal linked departments across the regions, driving down costs as well as the risk of legal rights/vulnerabilities both from internal and external, whilst generating greater overall output, communication, ownership and ability to deliver on time, in budget and asset migration with metadata » Set up new regions and business practises with award-winning creative resulting in shorter lead times for launch and re-brand as well as increased ROI. Won awards from Promax, BDA and others in appropriate local markets.
• Consulting at senior level on commercial product and distribution of 360 content with a view to opening companies up to the Digital market, alongside strategic marketing, branding and interim management. • Clients included airlines, global legal firms, retail, publishing and broadcast » Client business resulted in generating revenue to sustain company productivity » Creation of series ideas, brought to digital, mobile and terrestrial markets resulting in content production, airing and client revenues » Delivering projects that created new ideas and innovation for clients resulting in global firms repositioning their marketing; also initiated employment introductions and streamlined services for customers.
• Managed 6 operations across EMEA, leading 30-35 head count, managing multi-million £ budgets, responsible for all communication, branding, production, design, copy, creative and platforms including VOD/SVOD, web & mobile, product, channel marketing/advertising and brand strategy. • Commissioned content for all markets and brands, third-party IP content deals, sponsorship and integration with ad sales and agencies » Increased annual promotional/on-air, marketing and content output/production by 75%, delivering 4-12% increase in market shares across different Brands and platforms; also the higher brand values in on-air gave greater acknowledged leverage with the platforms » Delivered increase to bottom line, distribution and overall brand value. Increased original content output from 2 to 40 hours per year, thereby generating first revenue from 3rd party in VOD, DVD and Digital distribution, then YOY growth of 5-10%. In turn, this created greater leverage in negotiations for distribution platforms e.g. SKY in UK, and in EMEA » Devised training programmes to improve and accelerate output, highlighting individual and team KPI’s and skills required, then assigning courses, team training & events » Won awards for creativity, branding, production and marketing including Promax, Marketing weekly, BDA’s and others across EMEA and US.
• Managed multi-million $ budgets, headcount of 10; responsible for all branding, design, advertising and marketing, production for Long and Short form and increased licensing, sales and distribution » Re-launched brand and channel, increased revenue and company value, resulting in greater sales value » Introduced Training, systems and processes across the company, accelerating team’s capabilities, efficiencies and output.
• Developed IP’s, managed Feature and digital assets. Sourced and managing talent for digital offerings. » Increased feature and broadcast asset commissions for product » Raised communication of products.
various roles but mainly Directing, producing, and digital development
GCSE & A Level