Nicole Chui (pronouns: she/her) is a London based embroidery artist whose work is messy, brash & disruptive. Her mission is to disrupt perfection, encourage people to break boundaries, and inspire others to embrace their raw emotions. Nicole's work is a bridge between different industries, working with clients from Manchester United to NOW gallery. In 2019, she was awarded by the Evening Standard as one of their 'future faces 25 and under' and selected in the "The New Culture List 2020" by Crxss Platfxrm. For all commissions and inquiries please get in touch with Nicole via email.
- NOW Gallery Citizens of Everywhere 2021 + Print & Protest workshopArtwork for the poster and social media + Hosted a workshop for Ravensbourne students. Workshop: We stitched on top of protest posters printed provided by Ravensbourne university as a form of activism and a different way for them to see how people can express their voices, emotions, and perspectives onto print.
- PUMA Running custom sneakersFive custom made hand embroidered custom sneakers by Nicole Chui. Digitally designed then carefully hand stitched each pair for 5 running influencers who were gifted these. The concept behind each pair was inspired by the thrill, motivation, and adrenaline of completing every run. Each person had their initials stitched into the sneakers for the full custom experience. Photography by Nicole Chui Thank you 160 over 90 for having me involved �
- TONG x Nicole Chui limited merch collectionCommissioned by TONG to re-interpret their new identity with my brash, messy and disruptive style. Drawing attention to the value of collaboration, complex and coloured perspectives and the importance of dialogue within and across different cultures, they also drafted in Meat Studio for design to create a limited release with all proceeds going towards End Violence and Racism Against ESEA Communities. In addition to managing the production of the shirts, I produced this photoshoot for TONG's ne
- NEW ERA: CAMO RECREATED by Nicole ChuiFeatured in New Era's 'Camo Recreated' campaign + embroidered on their custom New York Nyx t-shirt as part of this process. Interviewed by their team for social media. Special thanks to Cortex Creatives for including me in this � Photographer: Louis Bever Shoot producer: Benji Reeves of Cortex Creatives Makeup: Eliza Clarke Photographer assist: Ali Walker
- Oatly x Nicole Chui merchDesigned and hand embroidered a custom denim jacket for Oatly's debut drop of sustainable merch inspired by the Post milk generation. Oatly partnered with me alongside 9 female artists to flip brand merchandising on its head. Instead of producing more stuff, Oatly launched a upcycled vintage collection. A more friendly approach for our planet. All money from the sale of this jacket went to non-profit organisation; LES Girls Club. This collection launched on October 2021, a collection of 10 jea
- Camden Town Brewery "Fresh" collection artworkCamden Town Brewery collaborated with 9 gal-dem artists to create artwork inspired by their beer collection "fresh". Artwork appeared on the packaging of the boxes and customers of CTB are able to receive a free print of their choice or a free T-Shirt with their selected artist on it. You can buy these from any supermarket or CTB's website for the next few months: https://shop.camdentownbrewery.com/products/camden-fresh-prints-mixed-pack Click here for a reel I put together showing this projec
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Sons Of the First Tribe [SOFT] takes part in YouTube Music and Westfields: The Legacy SeriesSeptember 2020 my brand was selected to take part in a virtual showcase by Youtube Music and Westfield London, called The Legacy Series: A celebration of Black British Fashion and Music. Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5SVnkOt5As&t=994s The pre-recorded show pairs UK Designers/brands with prominent UK music acts to deliver mini music video style performances that displayed the designer/brands, latest collection. SOFT was paired with NSG and Unknown T for their track 'Kate Winslet
- 'Create Next' Babes on Waves X Office X Converse LondonI worked with @babesonwavesclub as a long standing member for the launch of the new Converse ‘Crafted With Love’ pack in exploration of how they Create Next for their community�✨�. Babes on Waves is the ultimate creative network for Black, Brown & underrepresented babes who want to swap fire resources and network in a non-icky way.
- Canvas Renew Lookbook for ConverseShot the Canvas Renew Lookbook for Converse London in collaboration with Set Designer and Art Director Lydia Chan. Special Thanks to the amazing team - Bethan, Nicole and Alex at Anyways Creative. Credits Production Agency - Anyways Creative Set Design - Lydia Chan Lighting and Photography Assistant - Jamie A Waters Model - Kent Styling - Ella Tysone MUA - Porsche Poon
- fem: HOOD edition (Illustration Contribution).Another collaboration between myself and the very talented Nicole Chui aka 'THAT SEW NICOLE', this time for her zine called 'fem'. The aim of fem is to bring to light up and coming creative females in the street and popular culture scene, in terms of music, art, fashion and more. This particular issue hones in on the importance of these creatives embracing their (neighbor)hoods in their projects. I was asked to illustrate two female icons of hip hop, and who better than arguably the two most re
- Sole Nation Mag (Illustration contribution).With my expressive use of ink to illustrate the silhouettes, and ThatSewNicole's embroidery techniques to bring the images to life, we produced 6 examples of footwear which could be sometimes considered as ugly yet also in trend. This collaboration was commissioned by Sole Nation for the 'Crimes Against Shoemanity' section of their printed magazine.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance Designer for JUV Consulting. JUV Consulting is a Gen-Z founded, Gen-Z led marketing agency specialising in driving and delivering generation-based insights. Working on deck design, branding, social media content creation (Instagram/Tiktok), and email campaign design. -Current projects: Aavia
Embroidery ArtistNicole Chui
London, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance embroidery artist aiming to provide a messy, brash and disruptive alternative to traditional hand embroidered arts. Currently open to private or commercial commissions/collaborations, custom workshops/events, and merch requests. To view my portfolio and online shop, please head to my website or instagram page @thatsewnicole. Please reach out over email for any inquiries. Clients: ADIDAS | ASOS | BBC | CONVERSE | CRXSS PLATFXRM | EASTERN MARGINS | gal-dem | GALANT RECORDS | GOOGLE | IT'S NICE THAT | MANCHESTER UNITED | NIKE | NOW GALLERY | SEASON ZINE | SONS OF THE FIRST TRIBE | SPINSTER FILMS | PRIORY GROUP | TIKTOK | TINIE TEMPAH | THE HEPWORTH | VICTORIA BECKHAM | WETRANSFER
+ Show more
- Editorial Design
- Art Direction
- Creative Briefs
- Social Media Management
- Instagram Design
- Community Management
- Shoot Production