I think creatively and logically with a good smattering of pragmatism in there too. While perhaps less easy to classify some have seen my unusual background as a welcome addition their venture. I don't like ticking boxes anyway. Fashion design, fashion performance and experiential design interest me equally and I am avidly seeking to diversify my experience in the U.K.Locked Pro Plan feature
DK&A is a design business for change-makers driving clients to generate fresh ideas and turn them into new products and services. • After a stint as a specialist consultant I was promoted to a departmental head leading across several complex design projects for a large global luxury group among other major clients. • Reporting to the Managing Director I conceive and execute project briefs to develop into significant contracts across the consulting business. Responsibilities include: • Research, proposal writing, design management, concept development, content direction, brand direction. • Business development, strategy, project design & management including budgeting & resourcing. • Client engagement, stakeholder management, executive-level buy-in. • Some consultancy projects are instigated via our training and development arm Design Thinkers Academy London. https://kesterassociates.co.uk/design-thinkers-academy/
Independent company established for freelance design, creative and academic engagements. Projects: Live production for On|Off during London Fashion Week; guest lecturing at Duke University, UCLan Shanghai and the Royal College of Art; individual commissions. Consultancy: • Weatherproof Vintage, English Laundry, The Black Tux • Private brand projects: Saks Fifth Avenue, Saks OFF 5TH, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, etc. • Fashion event/press release design & management: LDC Design Associates
• I was in charge of the creative, developmental and commercial success of four collections for monthly release via Saks Full Line, Saks OFF 5TH, Lord & Taylor and The Bay platforms. In addition to defining and executed the creative strategies across B&M and online presences I implemented the critical path and a product approval system for use across all Private Brands. • Tailored, casualwear, outerwear, soft accessories. High Street to Premium market, luxe pieces. **Promoted to oversee all brands by the SVP/Creative Director in August 2013**
• My responsibilities entailed multi-product design and development for men's and women's brands: tailoring, RTW and outerwear. Brands: Hickey Freeman Mahogany, HF Sterling, Hart Schaffner Marx, Bobby Jones, Bobby Jones Women's, Argyle Culture and Austin Reed.
• In a client-facing product development role encompassing all garment and soft accessory categories I managed a team of developers and assistants plus an overseas office. • Clients: Sandro, Maje, Twenty8Twelve, Kookaï, Sessùn, Inditex Group, Pepe Jeans, etc.
• As the right-hand man of the Chief Designer/Owner I worked on all aspects of realising the bi-annual luxe collection. In addition to designing my own pieces I organised the seasonal trade shows (Pitti Uomo, Tranoï, Prêt-à-Porter Paris, Premium+ Berlin) and managed the interns.
• I assisted the Head Designer/Owner to produce hand-crafted textiles for haute couture and interiors in addition to creating the promo materials, website images, catalogues and look-books. Selected Clients & Projects: Christian Lacroix, Bill Blass, Jean-Louis Scherrer, The Lancaster Hotel, The Park Hyatt Milan, Sultan of Brunei, King of Morocco, The Harry Potter film series, Maison et Objets Editeurs.
https://www.rca.ac.uk/schools/school-of-design/design-research/ RCA is the first college to shift fashion and textiles from material/applied arts into pure design, championing the technological links within these fields. This is very positive as I am housed within the School of Design alongside other postgraduate researchers in design engineering, vehicle, product, service and global innovation design. My practice-based research works with fashion performance and design through the lens of machine learning.
https://www.kingston.ac.uk/faculties/kingston-school-of-art/ Graduated with an MA Fashion (Distinction) degree from Kingston School of Art (formerly the Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture at Kingston University London). The fashion department is currently rated at #2 globally. The program is interdisciplinary with the other master's programs in The Design School: Illustration, Sustainability, Visual Communication and Product Design.