You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
I'm a Content and Marketing Strategist for a large East-European movie distributor network. My job is at the intersection of my passion for movies and psychology. I'm very passionate about behavioral psychology, the theory of knowledge and avoiding cognitive biases (thanks to the works of Kahneman, Thaler, Tetlock among many others). I think learning about our own inner workings is a much-neglected topic often overlooked in the age of looking for more and more data without having the ability to properly interpret it. I am very happy I can apply my knowledge in the movie industry. I've been loving movies since I was a child and I've been organizing cinema groups and meetups ever since I was twelve. I cannot fall asleep without watching movies, I read and listen to news and movie commentary every day and reading scripts is a wonderful experience. I love being part of the movie release process be it supervising local production in script form or editing or on the international acquisition market. Few things feel better than see your notes translate to a better movie or see a script you fell in love get a script award in Cannes. Last but not least I love writing. I've worked as an extreme sports journalist ever since I was 18. I focus on showing the unseen parts of the mountain bike world. Be it finding amazing riding scene on the Island of Madeira or interviewing amazing people who have a wealth of knowledge to share but are unknown to the general public.
- Created a first ever marketing analytics system at Monolith Films to methodically assess how movies and their marketing materials perform before release. This allows us to adjust marketing budgets, pull marketing materials that don't perform up to set benchmarks. Using the data from analytics also allows us to create marketing materials more suited for groups that are interested in our products. We also used new data to weed out ad formats that were poorly performing and adjust our marketing strategy outside the online realm. Constant benchmarking across different platforms (using outside analytics platform, youtube and google analytics, Facebook data etc.) increases our marketing precision with every new project. While it surely isn't the only factor since it's launch Monolith has had it's best 2 Quarters in years not only in results but what is more important - consistency! - Creating marketing strategy for cinematic Campaigns (Over 100 different campaigns during the period of 4 years with great successes like the Wolf of Wall Street, Kamienie na Szaniec, Twilight, Taken) - Supervising social media communication (After Analyzing the blogosphere in Poland for Monolith Films in 2011 I came to the conclusion there are no advertising or pr opportunities on Facebook (at that time) and the only solution is to create our own faux blog pretending to be a cinematic blog. Right now we are one of the biggest fanpages in Poland with up to 2m weekly reach)
Contributing writer working on: - News from the world of mountain biking from dirt jumping, through enduro to downhill. - Interviews with top industry insiders - Technical articles explaining the inns and outs of bicycle design.
• Analyzing the commercial value of film projects in various stages of production (from script level to finished project). Estimating possible box office results based on release script, final product, cast, director, market, medium (Cinema, Vod, TV), competitive environment. • Domestic and International film market analysis. Monitoring changes in viewer trends to predict future box office potential of all domestically released movies. Monitoring foreign market to predict difference and similarities in viewer behavior between countries. • Release date consulting - Together with the director of programming we create long run positioning in the cinema to find the best dates for out products taking into consideration: Trends in cinematic attendance, competitive environment, piracy risk, marketing opportunities as well as contractual obligations. • Script supervision and notes as well as editing notes for finished movies for movies produced by Monolith Films. This includes local hits like "Kamienie na Szaniec" which ended with over twice the number of viewers of "Guardians of the Galaxy" released just a few months later)
- Creating marketing strategy for cinematic Campaigns (Over 90 different campaigns during the period of 3 years with great successes like the Wolf of Wall Street, Kamienie na Szaniec, Twilight, Taken) - Cinema PR (Negotiating unpaid trailers in Cinema) - Trailer Marketing (Positioning paid trailers in Cinemas) - Supervising trailer production (Delivery, Translation, DCP production, Informing cinemas about availability) - Supervising social media communication (After Analyzing the blogosphere in Poland for Monolith Films in 2011 I came to the conclusion there are no advertising or pr opportunities on Facebook (at that time) and the only solution is to create our own faux blog pretending to be a cinematic blog. Right now we are one of the biggest fan pages in Poland with 218k fans and sometimes up to 2m weekly reach) - Monitoring and analyzing the positioning of Monolith films in cinemas (PR efficiency as well as screening positioning) - Monitoring and analyzing of foreign results of movies distributed by Monolith - Monitoring and analyzing in cinema events created by competing companies - Monitoring and analyzing of ticket prices in main cinema chains - Presales and reservations analysis
Contributing writer working on: - News from the world of mountain biking from dirt jumping, through enduro to downhill. - Interviews with top industry insiders - Technical articles explaining the ins and outs of bicycle design.
- Supervising online marketing strategy - Supervising online PR (Supervising content/asset use and availability, as well as targeting it for specific sites) - Supervising Social media communication - Researching topics relating to our products to be used by the PR team - Movie release date consulting (Analyzing competitive product release dates and coming up with attractive dates for our own product release dates while cooperating with our programming director) - Preparing briefs to be used by our marketing company - Movie analysis - Negotiating unpaid trailering with cinemas
• Creating marketing briefs to be used as a basis for cinematic release marketing strategy • Cinematic release marketing strategy consulting • Translating marketing strategies for movie producers
• Responsible for creating advertising market analysis (overall market as well as in-depth competitive product marketing comparisons) which help to create tailored marketing products for Equinox clients • Creating post-campaign reports for Equinox clients • Assisting in campaign planning in Outdoor, Print and Radio Formats.
• Responsible for creating advertising market analysis (overall market as well as in-depth competitive product marketing comparisons) which help to create tailored marketing products for Equinox clients
- Created a new team by recruiting people with deep ties to the bike industry with strong, new interesting view points. Responsible for editing their articles and handing out topic suggestions - News from the world of mountain biking from dirt jumping, through enduro to downhill. - Interviews with top industry insiders - Technical articles explaining the inns and outs of bicycle design.