I have recently finished studying Fashion with Business Studies at the University of Brighton. I have always had an interest in Art & Design and therefore I believe I have a succinct attention to detail and creativity. During my degree at Brighton I have developed skills in designing, pattern cutting, sewing, business and Adobe Design. After completing a year in industry, which involved working in London and abroad in New Zealand and New York, I have gained a love for, and understanding of, the fast-paced, inspiring and creative atmosphere of the fashion industry. I have found a new level of independence and cultural awareness from living and working abroad. My work experience has helped me acknowledge the importance of proactiveness, good communication, team work, diligence and kind, positive nature within this industry. I have a keen interest in environmental sustainability, combatting climate change and conscious consumerism. This interest is reflected in my dissertation research on sustainability within luxury fashion. As well as my final BA collection, 'Planet B: West in Space' exploring the concept of a more sustainable world, using only pre owned garments/eco-friendly materials for the collection.
- Moncler Genius x Planet B 'COVID-19'Moncler Genius collaborates with Planet B for the concept collection 'Covid-19' , inspired by the Coronavirus pandemic. The 8 look virtual collection includes protective and preventative garments such as 'The inflatable Lung Jacket', which provides clean oxygen to the wearer, as well as oversized gloves, goggles and masks. Recycled velvet is a key material and x-ray prints of infected lungs feature on garments. Silhouette is strongly influenced by layered 70s NASA space suits, the virus structur
- PLANET B "West in Space" (SUSTAINABLE WOMENSWEAR COLLECTION)Planet B ‘West in Space’ is a sustainable, maximalist, and sensual womenswear collection. Largely influenced by iconic 50s and 60s space films: ‘Barbarella’ and ‘Forbidden Planet’, with a strong seductive female muse. Contrasted by 70s Americana themes including western cowboys and rodeo girls further influence fabric manipulation, tassel details and cowboy boot styling to build a space cowgirl muse. 70s spacesuits with an emphasis on lacing, layering and buckles create an impact. Which is j
Sample Room InternMarc Jacobs
- New York, United StatesInternship
- Pick ups and drop offs in New York. - Organising sample room floor, sourcing trim packets for seamstresses, copying and cutting out patterns, hand sewing, fabric sourcing. -Working well within a team of other interns, attention to detail, hard work and leadership.
Studio/Design AssistantParis Georgia
- Auckland, New ZealandInternship
- Working on design/mood boards for upcoming collections - Organising Studio, merchandising/store layout, packing up and receiving orders. - Working on styling/fittings with Paris Mitchell. - Working and living in a foreign city.
+ Show more
- Pattern Cutting
- Machine Sewing
- Hand Sewing
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Print Design