Experienced writer with a demonstrated history of working in the publishing industry. Skilled in creative writing, content management systems (CMS), writing, web content writing, blogging and copywriting. Strong media and communication professional with a Bachelor's degree focused in Drama and Theatre Arts from the University of Birmingham. I've written for fashion, lifestyle and tech industries. Currently, I'm looking to pursue arts/culture/lifestyle journalism. To view my writing you can visit my personal website, Yakk.
+ Show more
- Studying drama at university and other odes to whiteness"Study the arts in a city they said; be at the heart of it all they said." In this article I wrote for Medium, I recount my experience at university and how, years later, I can appreciate how my course's lack of diversity was completely ignored.
- The good, the bad and the illegal: Unpaid internships“Over a quarter of graduates have completed unpaid internships…over half of unpaid internships were over 4 weeks in length.” In this article I wrote for Medium, I dissect the intricacies of the laws surrounding unpaid internships and argue for the government's tightening of policy in this area. Find the article here: https://medium.com/@oliviawoodhouse72/the-good-the-bad-and-the-illegal-unpaid-internships-6f5a2e4370b7
- yakk artist collaborationSenior designer, Steve Thomas, created artwork for an article on my website, yakk: "Uncut Gems: An uncomfortable masterpiece." Using a still of my choosing for stimulus he created an original artists impression that I have used in the thumbnail and within the article itself.
Projects credited in
- ALHAUS magazine (digital edition) - September 2020It's the start of a new season and we have fresh ideas, thought-provoking words and uplifting stories to ease you in. September's issue is now live, featuring interviews, travel inspiration and industry news, all in one carefully curated package. ALHAUS - where curation meets content28
- Olivia WoodhouseAgata looked back to her home, a place she may never see again, and the village that protected her, burnt to the ground. An entire community and its memories reduced to ash. She thought about how long it took to build their house; how tedious it was to tend to the cows and the horses; how she wished her days would quicken. Now she felt stupid for such childish aspirations. She only wished time would stagnate so she could be a child forever, but she knew when her parents were murdered that this w
- ALHAUS magazine – Issue No. 6 (print edition)In 144 pages of beautiful design, editorial and interviews, issue no. 6 of ALHAUS magazine considers a future in which nothing can be taken for granted. We speak to The Dots founder Pip Jamieson about the future of freelance and to Scandi design maven David Harrigan about the need for courage. Bestselling author Naoise Dolan holds forth on the joy of experimentation, while Black Lives Matter activist Amanda Adé defines the power of listening. As part of our ongoing commitment to #amplifymelanate17
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Web Content
- Content Creatiion
- CMS Systems
- Writing Web
- Creative Writing
A LevelsEast Berkshire College
Windsor, United Kingdom
I gained an A Level in English Literature and Language and achieved a D*D*D* in Btec Performing Arts.
Drama and Theatre Arts BA (hons)University of Birmingham
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
During my time here, I engaged in a number of drama societies, mostly writing-based, which allowed me to build on my scriptwriting skills. I also had a number of jobs alongside my studies.