I would like to explore opportunities in the creative industries as well as use the analytical and technical skills I developed during my physics degree. I am a highly analytical and creative thinker with a keen interest in visual arts and culture. In particular I have explored my own creative projects in film, photography, documentary, radio and events production. I am naturally inquisitive, and took the opportunity to deepen my understanding of our society, history and philosophy through optional modules during my technical training as a physicist. I am open to all kinds of work and would love to collaborate on photography/film projects whilst I look for my next full-time opportunity.
- Took up to 60 customer calls a day and acted as a first port of call for resolving customer complaints - Took initiative to further my own knowledge of technical specifications and selling points of technology products in order to sell to customers - Developed customer-focused interpersonal skills - Embraced the faced-paced call system, adapting well to solving new problems daily - Consistently exceeded targets for efficiency and performed at the top of my team - Navigated several screens and IT tools whilst on calls with customers and often communicated with several different teams via telephone
- Produced several events attended by over 1000 students - Generated ideas for performances, talks and workshops that were later used in events - Led a print making workshop in our final event of the university year 2016 - Helped it to achieve the Art Fund Museum of the Year 2015 -Participated in the gallery re-opening weekend as an exhibition invigilator
- Served drinks quickly and efficiently in high-pressure festival environment
Wrote articles for the music section of the student newspaper, The Mancunion. Pieces included album reviews, live performance reviews and interviews.
- Programmed and produced fortnightly documentary screening and discussion events with our biggest screening having around 300 attendees followed by a talk by the film producer - Collaborated with fellow students and societies, members of local organisations, and directors and producers to screen films and arrange talks on the topics of documentaries - Effectively managed team of 5 committee members in their duties - Produced promotional literature for both direct marketing and online via social media - Mediated discussions on diverse range of subjects world issues - Rebranded the society by createing new logo and using social media for digital marketing
- Managed a team of volunteers and young people with disabilities at weekly recreational activities alongside the activity coordinator - Worked to empower the young people to build up their life skills and confidence. Adapted to the changing needs of each young person - Offered the paid position of Team Leader just 8 months after beginning as a volunteer - Motivated positive relationships between volunteers and the young people themselves and maintaining a positive and energetic attitude that allowed everyone to enjoy themselves.
Transferable skills: - Excellent written and verbal communication of complex ideas - Confident with numbers and analysing data - Present data graphically using IT tools such as MATLAB and MS Excel. - Formulate, investigate and solve complex problems using mathematical tools - Highly proficient in Windows Office and have programming experience in MATLAB and beginners C++ Optional modules include: - Science and humanities: Bridging the two cultures - Science and the Modern World - Science fiction and film - The nuclear age: Hiroshima to nuclear terrorism Achievements: - Final year dissertation and presentation on sodium cardiac magnetic resonant imaging - 78% - Final year project on artistic responses to the nuclear threat in the 1960s - 70% - Final year lab projects including mass spectroscopy and holography - 70%
11 A*, 1 A Including Maths, English, Art, Music, IT
Nominated as a member of the Student Producer team as part of the University of Manchester