Curious, driven and ambitious; my name is Patrick Edem Glavee, and I have recently finished my BA(Hons) Graphic Design degree at the University of Wales Trinity St. Davids. My work can be described as ‘abstract but functional’, I am interested in creating work that evokes emotion and a reaction, while still remaining highly functional, with every element serving a purpose.
- PORTFOLIO | Patrick Edem Glavee“Patrick Edem Glavee, the Irish-Ghanaian native is an astute and investigative designer. Curiosity informs his work. With a ‘constantly developing’ nature, He always works to let his projects have a refreshing look, feeling and style. Creating through digital and print, there is not a medium he shows no interest. Patrick has been involved in a wide variety of projects throughout Swansea, seizing every opportunity that comes his way. His entrepreneurial spirit follows him everywhere he goes, as
- Gluten Free Baking Co.The new ‘gluten free baking company’ branding aims to be a modern take on the idea of elegance and class. The colours allow for a positive and fun appeal, while keeping the design balanced. The icon consists of the deconstructed and simplified shapes/layers that make up a cake or cupcake. The deconstruction allows the shapes to be reconstructed and resized into a variation of different positions to represent different shapes and styles of cake. ‘Blue’ was selected to coincide with the brands or
- Silas DigitalSilas Digital, a fledgling digital marketing and advertising agency. The branding was created with creativity and innovation in mind. The goal wasn’t just to create an identity, but to create a presence, a feeling, something memorable. With the curt tagline ‘something different’, the brand brings a confident presence. The encircled ’s’ acts as the brands own superman emblem, however I have to admit, that was not the inspiration behind the ’s’. We strayed away from the norm of just abbreviating
- Toshiba (Concept)Playing around with a concept branding and identity for Toshiba. Created using the idea behind vanishing point design used in product design, architecture etc. on schematics. It all started with tape and a remote. I have always been fascinated with shapes, and perspective. Perspective in relation to the angle of the shape, or, to how an individual can relate to the shape. Traditionally, sharp corners are perceived as abrupt and harsh sometimes aggressive, I wanted to craft a tone contrasting th
- Bin It! (Creative Conscience)Dr. David Halpern, the Chief Executive of the Behavioural Insights Team (The Nudge Unit), their work and his book Inside the Nudge Unit, is the inspiration behind this idea and proposition. The goal is to encourage and increase the use of public bins around the city, through subliminal and subdued psychological messaging and design. I propose this sign be attached to selective posts (lamp poles, traffic lights etc.) throughout the city. The idea, is to rework the standard “You are Here” stree
Projects credited in
- Swansea College of Art, UWTSD, University of Wales Trinity Saint David, BA (Hons) Graphic DesignGraphic Design BA (Hons) at Swansea College of Art UWTSD prepares students for diverse creative futures in the widening world of visual communication. We pride ourselves in nurturing students in a friendly environment. We initiate a diverse range of graphic challenges and help guide the students’ response to these challenges by supporting individual aspirations and recognising personal potential. Our students attain both digital excellence and skills in traditional areas including Letterpress an17
- 'hey, im sad' a mental health support service'hey, im sad' is an online based service providing resources, tips and advice for the social media generation suffering with mental health issues. We want to create a community that gives people a better understanding of mental health and allows them to get the support they need.
- Branding Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Art Direction
- Conceptual Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
BA(Hons) Graphic DesignUniversity of Wales Trinity Saint David
- Swansea, United Kingdom
A spectacular three-year course, culminating in a BA(Hons) degree and an extreme preparedness to enter the industry, by quality lecturers, and an even more quality module selection.