- WalkWithMe - media installation Forum GroningenWalkWithMe is a media and signage installation designed to inform and inspire visitors of the newly opened Forum Groningen. The object contains 11 regular and 2 interactive screens displaying news and information on the exhibitions, movies and events currently on show in the cultural building. The organic form of the steel construction is inspired by trees and gives life to the quirky object, bringing up a dialogue with the visitor. Is it looking at you? Does it make a journey through the build
- Music school promotional materialMusic School 'Kunstbedrijven Westerkwartier' is one of my oldest clients. I developed a brand in orange, red and magenta, with light blue and black as spot colors. Next to the regular brochures and flyers there's an annual musical and presentation week that need a design. As the music school is mainly for kids and teenagers, it is much fun to bring some joy and quirkiness into their designs.
- Spinbarg Storytelling installationThe Spinbarg storytelling installation travelled by ship and was on display in numerous galleries and museums in the Groningen area (Netherlands). It contains 13 folk tales depicted by animators, filmmakers, artists and composers in 12 viewing boxes and a soundscape. The specific form was derived from the shape of the ancient coal ship it harbored. The rounded steel walls of the ship and the sloped deck formed the outer lines of the design. The first performances were at Noorderzon Performing A
- Stage design Carré AmsterdamOn the occasion of the 125th anniversary of the Royal Carré Theatre Amsterdam, I was granted to design the set for a 12 hrs Cabaret Marathon. With 2 grids of 12 dimmable light elements each that can all be approached separately, many different compositions can be made for the 30 minutes performances. One rectangular grid consists of oval boxes with a color gradient ranging from bright yellow to dark red. The other 12 elements are 2 metres long pipes, half metal and half transparent. These pipe
- Light Installation Transgender Memorial DayEach year thousands of transgenders are killed around the world, often very violently. In the Netherlands these wonderful souls are memorated on one special day in November with a commemoration service, candle lighting, poetry, music and more. I made this simple light installation for the Memorial Day in the Der Aa-Kerk in the city of Groningen. Lighting up this church in rainbow+ colors was very special!
- SHA_RE Light art gridVisualizing the university Presenting science in public space For the 400th anniversary of the University of Groningen, the Groningen University Fund commissioned me to design a permanent light artwork for the stairwell of the University Library in the center of town. SHA_RE is a dynamic grid of images that is constantly changing both shape and form. Not only the stairwell, but also the square in front transform as a result. In this place, where students and teachers from all disciplines come
Owner and designerStudio Peter Musschenga
Groningen, NetherlandsFull Time
I work as an independent designer in Groningen. Graphic design, web design and spatial design are the various fields in which I work. My graphic work consists of developing identities and designing books, posters, brochures and more. Within web design I specialize in using the cms Joomla. My spatial work includes installations and sets for theater pieces and festivals, light objects and (free) installations. Some clients within graphic design and web design: Sense Noord-Nederland (Sexual health for youngsters), Pro Facto, the Northern Audit Office, Lexnova, Music school Kunstbedrijven Westerkwartier and the National committee of confidants in public health (LCvV). I have carried out spatial assignments for, among others: Noorderzon Performing Arts Festival, Groningen City Theater, Carré Royal Theater Amsterdam, University Library of Groningen, Spinbarg Foundation. For the newly opened spectacular Forum Groningen I recieved the commission to develop a permanent media installation. It's an interactive installation that combines signage functionality with light art. It is called WalkWithMe.
- Graphic Design
- Spatial Design
- Set Design
- Web Design
- Project Management
- Corporate Identity
- Sculptural Installation
- Lighting Design
- Strategic Thinking