Looking for tips to promote your company via The Dots, incl growing your audience, finding clients & talent? Come join my webinar tomorrow!
Have you had a chance to check out your shiny new Dots profile? Would love to hear what you think? All feedback gratefully received.
Happy Black History Month! Which Black rising stars do you admire most? Please nominate your top 5, so we can celebrate them on The Dots.
- Honoured to be featured as the ‘Hottest App in the UK right now!’ in the Apple App Store! Credit goes 100% to the amazing team behind the App - legends all of you :-) Haven't downloaded The Dots iOS App yet? Give it a whirl here: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/the-dots-the-creator-network/id1326923150
- Until very recently, many sperm banks rejected donors that had dyslexia - it was perceived to be a disability. However, with 35% of entreprenuts being dyslexic and 40% of self-made millionaires - including Richard Branson, Anita Roddick, Steve Jobs, Jo Malone, Walt Disney, Holly Tucker, Albert Einstein, and countless more - this has made me reflect on my own dyslexia. I’ve found that the skills that dyslexia amplifies are in-fact superpowers, not only if you want to be an entrepreneur - but f
- There is now endless research showing that diversity is good for business, good for innovation and good for creativity. A Harvard Business School study found that teams with colleagues from different backgrounds and experiences come up with more creative ideas and methods of solving problems. Another study by the London Business School found that more gender-balanced teams better promote an environment where innovation can flourish. And the list goes on! In the end, if we’re all the same, how ca
- We recently launched a ‘blind recruitment’ tool - where candidates are assessed solely on their skills & creative output - with the aim of giving recruiters the option to challenge their unconscious biases in the first stage of shortlisting candidates. Of course, in a bias-free world, we wouldn't need 'blind recruitment'. But until then, like ‘blind’ orchestra auditions where musicians are judged solely on their musical quality, it's one of the small drops that can create an ocean of change.
- Almost 10% of the UK’s workforce work in the creative industries, and 9% of the UK’s GDP derives from the Creative Economy (This is more than the UK’s car, life sciences, oil, gas and aerospace industries combined) - so the concept of scaling back investment in creative education is madness, right?. Even more so if we look to the future - we all know the robots are coming. There are three very human traits that machines struggle to automate 1) they don’t have common sense, 2) they don’t understa
- Webinar recording: How to promote your company & engage with your followers on The Dots – with founder Pip Jamieson11Thanks to those that joined our live webinar on 26th November 2020! For those that missed it (or if you want to watch it again), you'll find the video below. Here's is a recap of the top 4 ways to promote your company and engage with your followers. Shout out if you need a hand with anything! – Want to create a company page? head here (it’s worth checking first it’s not already on The Dots here) – Or, want to know how to look after an existing page? please email us and we'll help out 1. Post
- Lockdown book launch concept for dear super star friends ☆ Kate & Kathy ☆ and their book “The Bigger Picture Book of Amazing #Dyslexics and The Jobs They Do”. I suggested something along the lines of “pass the brush” which had been popular or TikTok recently - where a selection of those included in the book each made a short video, and Kate & Kathy seamlessly connected the snippets to create a video which looks as if they are passing the book to each other - this is my “snippet” and you can see
- Webinar recording: Top tips for using The Dots (find work, network, upskill & more!) – with founder Pip Jamieson38Thanks to the hundreds that joined our live webinar on 11th November 2020! For those that missed it (or if you want to watch it again), you'll find the video below. About the talk: Whether you’ve just joined The Dots (welcome!), or you’re looking for some top tips on how to get the most out of it, hear Dots' founder Pip share her tips, new feature releases and industry insights. No matter if you’re a freelancer or full-timer, a junior or you’re established in the industry, check out this insi
- We’ve just launched three different widgets to add to your iPhone! With a few simple taps, you can now get your personalised Dots dashboard, tailored job suggestions and reminders of your upcoming events, right on your iPhone’s home screen. Nice! Widgets are super simple to add, just make sure your iPhone has iOS 14 (and our free The Dots app), then follow the steps below. 1. On your iPhone’s home screen, touch and hold an empty area until the apps jiggle 2. Tap the ‘+’ button in the top righ
- Digital Media