An inquisitive, enthusiastic and creative Theatre graduate who is highly motivated, with an excellent work ethic and determination to succeed. I have a friendly and positive personality teamed with confidence and the ability to adapt which makes working with others an enjoyable task. I love the quirky and the unusual and aim to bring energy and a fresh perspective to everything I do. Seeking a future career in the Film, TV and media industry, I am looking for an internship or work to gain experience that is both challenging and rewarding.
- Working as an Extra/Actor in the TV industry for clients such as ITV and Channel 4 - Liaising with directors, actors and film and camera crew has enabled me to learn the necessity for the appropriate discipline, resilience and hardworking attitude that operates a professional environment. - Managing my time effectively and efficiently to commute to different studios in the UK at short notice and a call time of 7am, I understand the requirement for punctuality and reliability. - It has given me the incredible opportunity to see what happens behind the scenes of a TV set in terms of production and creation and how certain processes contribute to a successful show.
- Duties included working behind cash desk, as part of the product team, stockroom and regularly maintaining a presence on the shop floor in handling any customer queries. - My ability to work well under pressure assists me in exerting an excellent level of customer service and resolving difficult problems both quickly and attentively. - Acquired great knowledge of the brand to assist customers through my own initiative and was responsible for dressing mannequins and maintaining display walls through my own creativity.
- Duties included overseeing insurance claims paperwork, answering inbound calls and using Microsoft programmes. - Gained organisational skills creating accurate documentation for claimants and ensured all personal details were entered accurately and promptly. - Worked well with internal teams such as management, phone reps, administrators as well as liaising with solicitors to ensure all relevant documentation had been fully completed and signed.
- Worked at one of the largest Arts and Cultural Festivals in the world for a comedy club where responsibilities included dealing with ticket sales over the counter, general enquires and promoting shows. - Coordinated well as part of a large supportive team and maintained a positive attitude that created a fun and welcoming atmosphere for the public as well as building friendships with other volunteers. - Given responsibility to work independently and learn how to use a computerised ticketing system called Red62 as well as cash handling and reconciliation of till balances. - Worked at the highest level of customer service dealing with general enquiries regarding the festivals venues and became familiar with the shows in order to assist and give recommendations. - Hugely rewarding and one of my biggest achievements to date as allowed me to gain a professional perspective of how a festival is run.
- Worked as a PR Rep for the summer in Ibiza, Spain promoting club nights, selling tickets and Shisha. - Working in a multicultural environment encouraged me to adapt to a foreign culture, language and lifestyle that helped develop my communication skills whilst also learning some Spanish. - Ability to work with and meet people from a diverse range of backgrounds with ease.
Three Year BA Course in Theatre - Participated in Yoga and Actor Training Workshops published by Routledge - Wrote my dissertation on Independent Cinema and French New Wave - Shot, edited and cut a small film trailer for a final year performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMCDJRFXW0 - Designed and edited a blog for my Third Year Performance - http://pcimlights.tumblr.com/ - Created, devised and performed in a number of productions including M/Lights a final year intermedial production