An inquisitive, enthusiastic and creative Theatre graduate who is highly motivated, with an excellent work ethic and determination to succeed. I have a friendly and positive personality teamed with confidence and the ability to adapt which makes working with others an enjoyable task. I love the quirky and the unusual and aim to bring energy and a fresh perspective to everything I do. Seeking a future career in the Film, TV and media industry, I am looking for an internship or work to gain experience that is both challenging and rewarding.
- Working as an Extra/Actor in the TV industry for clients such as ITV and Channel 4 - Liaising with directors, actors and film and camera crew has enabled me to learn the necessity for the appropriate discipline, resilience and hardworking attitude that operates a professional environment. - Managing my time effectively and efficiently to commute to different studios in the UK at short notice and a call time of 7am, I understand the requirement for punctuality and reliability. - It has given me the incredible opportunity to see what happens behind the scenes of a TV set in terms of production and creation and how certain processes contribute to a successful show.
- Duties included overseeing insurance claims paperwork, answering inbound calls and using Microsoft programmes. - Gained organisational skills creating accurate documentation for claimants and ensured all personal details were entered accurately and promptly. - Worked well with internal teams such as management, phone reps, administrators as well as liaising with solicitors to ensure all relevant documentation had been fully completed and signed.
- Worked as a PR Rep for the summer in Ibiza, Spain promoting club nights, selling tickets and Shisha. - Working in a multicultural environment encouraged me to adapt to a foreign culture, language and lifestyle that helped develop my communication skills whilst also learning some Spanish. - Ability to work with and meet people from a diverse range of backgrounds with ease.
- Worked at one of the largest Arts and Cultural Festivals in the world for a comedy club where responsibilities included dealing with ticket sales over the counter, general enquires and promoting shows. - Coordinated well as part of a large supportive team and maintained a positive attitude that created a fun and welcoming atmosphere for the public as well as building friendships with other volunteers. - Given responsibility to work independently and learn how to use a computerised ticketing system called Red62 as well as cash handling and reconciliation of till balances. - Worked at the highest level of customer service dealing with general enquiries regarding the festivals venues and became familiar with the shows in order to assist and give recommendations. - Hugely rewarding and one of my biggest achievements to date as allowed me to gain a professional perspective of how a festival is run.
- Duties included working behind cash desk, as part of the product team, stockroom and regularly maintaining a presence on the shop floor in handling any customer queries. - My ability to work well under pressure assists me in exerting an excellent level of customer service and resolving difficult problems both quickly and attentively. - Acquired great knowledge of the brand to assist customers through my own initiative and was responsible for dressing mannequins and maintaining display walls through my own creativity.
Three Year BA Course in Theatre - Participated in Yoga and Actor Training Workshops published by Routledge - Wrote my dissertation on Independent Cinema and French New Wave - Shot, edited and cut a small film trailer for a final year performance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMCDJRFXW0 - Designed and edited a blog for my Third Year Performance - http://pcimlights.tumblr.com/ - Created, devised and performed in a number of productions including M/Lights a final year intermedial production