Owner, Creative Partner at '& SMITH' www.andsmithdesign.com
- COWORTH PARKCoworth Park Identity and collateral for a 5-star country hotel Part of the Dorchester Collection, Coworth Park is an English country house hotel with a difference – instead of flock wallpaper and dark wood you’ll find an altogether fresher, quirkier experience. We created a full identity package ranging from top line branding for the hotel, its restaurants and spa, to maps, placemats, in-room collateral, signage and everything in between.
- LUX* Resorts & HotelsLUX* Resorts & Hotels Identity and collateral for 5-star resort group LUX* Resorts – formerly Naiade – has five properties in Mauritius, Réunion and the Maldives. We were involved in the project from an early stage, working on strategy, naming and operational ideas, helping to create a lighter, brighter holiday concept. With its relaxed, iPhone style photography, the identity celebrates the colour and energy of island life; it continues to roll out across brochures, websites, room directories,
- Dorchester CollectionDorchester Collection Branding for a luxury hotel group Not to be confused with its namesake (a car showroom in a sleepy Dorset town), Dorchester Collection is a luxury hotel management company with nine iconic hotels scattered liberally among the world’s finest cities. Retaining the individuality of each hotel, the design palette helps us to combine Dorchester Collection's core brand colour, black, with colourful glimpses from the identity of each hotel – a bit like a luxury rainbow.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- SALTWe want them to get an honest flavour of each destination. A new hotel brand from The Lux Collective, launching first in Mauritius, we were asked to create the strategy, name the brand and design an identity that would change the perception of the island – from all inclusive white beach honeymoons to real exploration. This brand will eventually open around the world, always staying true to it’s original values but adapting to it’s location.
- Wild RadishWe want them to feel like they’ve got all the ingredients they need to recreate restaurant quality food at home. Wild Radish isn’t a ‘tip bag A into bag B’ recipe box - they focus on the joy of cooking. Prep the best seasonal produce from scratch and follow recipes and tips written by the top chefs of the moment. We took our design cues from both the restaurant world and farmers’ markets, pairing a grown-up, earthy colour palette with fresh, natural photography, reflecting the seasonality of the
- TabureWe want them to feel like they’re eating in a place that uses authentic family recipes, but is a reflection of modern Turkey rather than a kebab style restaurant that came over to the UK in the 70s. It was time to change perceptions of Turkish food. We’ve made it look fresh and modern, while keeping the warmth that comes naturally from the sharing food. We choose a translated Turkish saying ‘to share is to love’ as a strapline to emphasise this.
- SugarSinWe don’t want them to feel like they’ve stepped into the 1950s. Sweets shops are so wrapped up in nostalgia and childhood that it’s hard to think of what a modern sweet shop is like anymore. And that was the starting point for SugarSin’s sweet brand. We thought about what everyone likes about sweet shops - lurid colours, weird and wonderful treats – and thought about how to show that in a modern, graphic way.
- Serata HallWe want them to feel they’re at their neighbourhood local without having to compromise on choice. From serving sausage rolls by the inch to shared miniature bottles of tequila, the restaurant, bar and shared workspace based in Hackney takes cues from old banquet halls and faded glamour. We worked closely with the interior designers to make the identity feel right amongst the reclaimed space and the array of textures.
+ Show more
Creative Partner & Owner& Smith
We're & SMITH. We're a design agency. We think great design helps people find their way to your door. We've put towns on maps, made library music cool, attracted guests to hotels and created a magical world for a unique sweet shop. As you can see we work on a real mix of projects with lots of very different clients. We do identities, websites, brochures, packaging, books, signage, posters and more. We’re a small studio, which means we’re always around for our clients. And because we don't believe in middlemen, you'll work directly with our designers from day one. At the moment, alongside Rachel and Dan (our creative partners) we’ve got four designers – Jo, Jordan, Lizzie and Susan – and thankfully a super organised studio manager, Aimee. You’ll find us working away in an old piano factory in Stoke Newington, London. If you’d like to find out more about how we can work together, please drop us a line.
- Corporate Identity
- Art Direction
- Logo Design
- Graphic Design
- Creative Design
- Package Designer