Editorial Assistant Intern Undergraduate Liberal Arts (in English and History) student currently on placement- available for internship opportunities
- Candiid Zine- Platforming and centring marginalised voices and gendersI created an online magazine in July 2020 after noting the distinct lack of diversity withing journalism and publishing spaces. Candiid centres the narrative around voices that would overwise go overlooked and is a space where those voices can come together to find validation and community through the sharing of stories.
- Starting a Business in Lockdown: Meet Four Women Who Made it WorkFor some people, lockdown has presented itself as the perfect opportunity to start a new business. Interested to learn more about lockdown business pursuits, I reached out to some people who took this opportunity and have created new businesses in lockdown, to find out what prompted them to take this step and what the future holds for their new ventures. Illustrated by Immy Perryman (https://www.instagram.com/immysdesigns/)
- Is creative theft or “inspiration” just an inevitable part of being a creative?Article I wrote for Sick Love Zine on the distinction between creative theft and creative inspiration. Illustration by Poppy Bignell (https://www.instagram.com/thursdaygurl_/) "The line between creative theft and creative inspiration is becoming increasingly blurred within the creative world as artists use social media to display their work and inadvertently draw the attention of larger brands and artists who trawl social media to gain an “inspiration” that looks a lot like imitation."
- Student Mental Health In The Age Of CovidFor Sick Love Zine I wrote a piece on student mental health during covid. The incredible artwork for my article was created by Dula Inula (https://www.instagram.com/dula.inula/) “We’re living through a time where we are being encouraged to choose isolation and to remain distanced and this is a necessary act. However, the act of physically isolating yourself should not extend to your mental health too.”
- How Can I Be Creative When My Inspiration Comes From Life Outdoors??For Sick Love Zine I wrote a piece on how creatives can find inspiration in lockdown! The great illustration for this piece is by Isabella Scheier (https://www.instagram.com/isabellascheier/) "A number of people have taken lockdown as the perfect opportunity to work on their literary talents or their artistic abilities. I sadly am not one of those people. I find my inspiration in coffee shops hidden in the corners of London or on bus journeys stuck in rush hour traffic; there I can spend hours
- Small Businesses To Support This Christmas PeriodAt times like this it’s also important to support small businesses who have particularly struggled this year as those who are self employed were not furloughed, and Universal Credit provides a lot less support. So from art pieces, to jewelry to clothing, I rounded up a list of places where you can find the perfect gift! Illustrated by Hermione Ross (https://www.instagram.com/h.e.r.illustration/)
+ View all
Editorial AssistantSick Love Zine
- London, United KingdomInternship
• Write and send press releases. • Write articles to be published on the site ranging from conversations about mental health to a look into imposter syndrome as a creative woman. • Communicated with larger publications including Bricks Magazine, Wordplay and Original Magazine regarding promotion of the Sick Love brand and Sick Love events. • Organised and assisted an online charity concert to raise money for Trussell Trust. • Oversee the release of a weekly newsletter providing updates to readers through Mailchimp. • Use of Word and PowerPoint to create and edit content.
Co-Editor of Sex, Love & GenderThe Palatinate and The Bubble, Durham University
- Durham, United KingdomPart Time
- Proofread and make amendments to the content sent to us by our writers - Work under the senior editorial team to guide and fulfill the editorial vision for The Bubble across different platforms - Communicate with writers to source new content - Maintain a high level of online traffic and interest for the content published
+ Show more
- Content Management
- Microsoft Office
- Numerical Skills