Hey there! I’m Ragavee, a graduate from Leeds Arts University in BA (Hons) Visual Communications, I specialise in Illustration, Graphic Design and Digital Art. I’m interested in current events, social issues and anything that sparks joy, which I try to include in my work. I like to include diverse characters and illustration into my drawings as I want to represent people from all walks of life.
- ✨I started an Etsy Shop!✨Through this lockdown, it's been an opportunity to utilise the time indoors. I've also been asked to sell my work and thought it would be the best time to start a print shop. I wanted to try printing from home as I wasn't sure about the cost of outsourcing from a print company, so I bought a printer which prints great quality. I made some photoshoots of the prints for those who wouldn't be sure of the quality or size, and I'm proud of how they turned out! It's been a few months in the making, bu
- We Are Here UK social media post commissionI was given the opportunity to work with the We Are Here UK collective to create these social media posts for their upcoming funded projects! I was commissioned to do 3 illustrations, one announcing that they have received funding and 2 callouts for Black Women and Non-Binary artists fund as well as a search for creatives to create online art workshops.
- British South Asian Heritage Month - Heritage Activity Packs: Bharatanatyam MudrasTo celebrate British South Asian Heritage Month, me and 17 other creatives designed activities for the British Council to create an activity pack that explores heritage through poems, recipes, photos, music and more. Each page offers something for you to do - draw, design, ask questions, collect and share. You can find these activities free and downloadable at* bit.ly/OSCH-Pack *
- Veechu Commission Small CanvasesAfter being commissioned to illustrate a painting for Veechu Restaurant, I received compliments from the owners and was asked to create another two canvases. As my illustration was quite abstract compared to the other paintings I was briefed to continue my style and accompany my other painting. So I experimented with some new ideas and wanted to recreate the Bharatanatyam hand gestures with their meanings, which I tested with photoshop with the concepts.
- Veechu Restaurant Canvas CommissionThe owners of the Tamil Sri Lankan restaurant in Harrow London; Veechu, had commissioned me to paint a canvas for their interior decorations where they have a wall of paintings by Tamil artist. They had liked my collection of Bharatanatyam (a classical dance) prints I've made and wanted me to paint one for their restaurant.
+ View all
Editorial Illustratorgal-dem magazine
London, United KingdomFreelance
I created artwork that contributed to articles and events presented on their website and Instagram; on topics about women of colour or non-binary people of colour. I created work for their printed issue ‘Rest and Unrest’, where I balanced working on both projects, tackling quick changes to the illustrations.
Contributor - Packaging DesignerOhh Deer
- Loughborough, United KingdomFreelance
My illustration was picked for the Ohh Deer 2020 winning designs for their packaging boxes - 4 illustrated boxes were chosen from hundreds of entries by many artists through Instagram. I redrew my design for their box template so that it’s ready to be printed on their boxes and the design will be used for a year.
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Creative Thinker
- Problem Solving
- Visual Communication
- Editorial Illustration