London based recent graduate in ‘MSc Exercise and Sport - Physiology' currently looking for full time employment within the sports industry. Eager to pursue further professional development and gain work experience, with particular interest in Operations/Event Management.
- Support and guide clinically ill clients (n=10 to 20) to improve quality and duration of life - Design and delivery of person specific tailored 1-to-1 exercise programs - Analysis nutrition and of physiological and emotional response to exercise - Inspire and educate relevant to lifestyle and health goals - Liaise within team and with external health experts and consultants - CPD through home study of latest scientific and clinical research
- Main airport contact for VIP SKI staff (n=6) and airport spokesperson - Coordination of transfer reps, coaches, taxis, guest transfers - Liaise with head office, dealing with guest complaints, transfer delays - Support junior logistics staff in-resort as required (n=12; drivers, maintenance, storeman, concierge) - Fluent French: deal with locals, suppliers, restaurants, tradesmen, ski schools and police - Split duties: driving guests, chalet deliveries, snow clearing, vehicle maintenance, general cleaning, bar work, front of house, administrative duties, guest queries and complaints, weekly trips to the airport as transfer representative
- Delivery to super yachts in Monaco, France, Italy, Spain - Crew uniform, fresh food and bespoke items as requested - Warehouse management, product knowledge, sourcing and purchasing - Organization, navigation, languages and manual labour
- Split duties: driving guests, chalet deliveries, snow clearing, vehicle maintenance, general cleaning, bar work, front of house, administrative duties, guest queries and complaints, weekly trips to the airport as transfer representative
- Manchester United & Juventus Soccer Schools - Supervision and welfare of staff (n=3 to15) and international children (n=200)
- French conversation classes and English conversation/writing/reading skills
- Designated to an exclusive luxury chalet in Val d’Isère - International guests, extremely wealthy and successful, exceptional high standards - Spilt duties: driving guests, fire and pool maintenance, snow clearing, shopping, silver service, chalet and vehicle maintenance, and administrative duties
- Comprehensive operational planning and delivery of Manchester United & Juventus Soccer Schools: 4 UK venues 200pax capacity each, 2500pax summer camp sales - Stock management and distribution, purchasing and budgeting (£25k+) - Venue setup/shutdown and onsite management; from macro branding down to staff uniform, rewriting manuals and week by week roomlists - Constant internal and external communication, multi-disciplinarian team approach: regularly contributions to sales, marketing, recruitment, staff training objectives
- Plan and lead 1-to-1 powerplate sessions – strong customer service focus - Basic till and administrative duties
- Plan and lead sessions for academy shortlisted local children - Basic scouting duties for Exeter City FC Academy
- Video collection and analysis using ‘SportsCode Gamebreaker’ software - Statistical and video feedback on individual and team performance to the academy director, coaches and players
Achievement: Travelled to France for the football European Championship 2016, stayed for nearly the entire duration of the tournament and attended 4 games across the southern half of France.
Dissertation Title: Resting blood oxygen saturation, heart rate and blood pressure at moderate altitude Successful MSc dissertation, facilitated by VIP SKI, investigating the effects of acute and chronic exposure to moderate altitude (MA, >1500m) upon several physiological markers in healthy adults. The main finding, as hypothesised, was that acute MA exposure caused an acute reduction in in blood oxygen saturation (P<0.001). A return to normal near sea-level baseline values was reported for greater time spent at MA, and suspected due to acclimatisation. However, conclusive timeframes for acclimatisation could not be reported due to a lack of data. Additional findings were that heart rate and blood pressure were not affected by acute exposure to MA, despite being shown to change at higher altitudes. Suggesting that the study altitude of 1500m was simply too low to incur physiological change for these variables.
Achievement: Travelled to Brazil for the football World Cup 2014, stayed for the entire duration of the tournament and attended 7 games across the length of Brazil.
Football League 1 (2011-2012) Academy Product Research Quantitative research project investigating the influence of teams' own academy products (been with club before signing YTS) upon club performance for all League 1 clubs during the 2011-2012 season. Main findings were that a number of clubs, Exeter City FC prominent among them, had greater contributions from academy products compared to clubs who relied more heavily upon signings, believed to be costlier alternatives. This suggested clubs such as Exeter City FC possess academies and youth structures capable of producing players of a higher quality, able to compete at a higher level than those produced by other clubs in the football league.
Dissertation Title: The influence of barefoot training in Vibram Fivefingers upon toe flexor strength and multidirectional agility in adult male footballers Successful final year undergraduate dissertation, sponsored by Vibram Fivefingers, investigating the effects of barefoot activity and training. Main findings were that increased barefoot activity in Vibram Fivefingers increased group mean agility by 8.45% (P<0.01) in adult male footballers.