An endlessly inquisitive spirit, ever reading, exploring and documenting, with a deep fascination for artistic creation. A passionate writer and researcher, but with an affinity for communication and administration, jumping at every opportunity that will arise in the cultural industries. Fields of expertise: Writing and editing (music, film, culture) Digital communication (Social Media Management, copywriting) Cultural Management (cultural exhibition planning, music stage planning) Originally from Athens, Greece, I have been living in Amsterdam for more than 4 years, after a short stop in Berlin. My versatile background is a result of a constant thirst for all things cultural, and is supported by a BA in Communication, Media and Culture and and an MA in Comparative Arts and Media. From magazines and blogs to cultural management projects and digital communication, my goal is to turn my passion into work, while always seeking out to get more insight on the cultural sector.
In-Edit NL is part of an international network of festivals that are dedicated to music documentaries, created in Barcelona in 2003, and happening worldwide ever since. Happening for the first time in Amsterdam, this version of In-Edit will also be exploring how music can be a central element in a story told through the moving image - film, video art, a commercial, a video game or a VR experience to name a few. Having a background in film and music analysis, I took on the role of the Coordinator for Crossovers, an event dedicated in innovative audiovisual projects that have music play an integral part. The aim is to showcase their projects, explore future prospects for innovation in the field of music and film, but also to connect professionals in the industry and create a platform for the new generations of artists and creators to get inspired by. My role entailed: - Researching composers, producers, music artists, as well as animators and visual artists - Curating a line-up of experts in the audiovisual field to present their work at In-Edit - Communicating with potential sponsors to provide In-Edit with technical equipment
Film analyses in the form of lists permeated by the same concept, with an academic viewpoint. Read: The 11 Best Movies About Confused Sexuality http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2017/the-11-best-movies-about-confused-sexuality/
- Produced accurate and attractive transmission schedules that reflect the priorities of Viacom's brands (that include Comedy Central, Paramount, BET and VIVA music channels) - Adhered to strict, daily deadlines and meeting editorial, technical and regulatory guidelines - Liaised with adjacent departments like Planning, Marketing and Sales - Communicated with third parties about potential issues in material - Executed promotional strategies by planning all on-air promotions (trailers) - Oversaw the implementation of all on-air graphics of the channels the Scheduling department deals with - Performed clear and concise documentation of the channels
Invigilator at the Pop Up Gallery Kunsthal Citroën, hosting the photo exhibitions "Scene Studio Koos Breukel" and "AmsterdamSeen" - Hosting and reception of gallery, issuing tickets - Looking after the gallery - Providing security for the works of art and information to the visitors - Assisting the gallery with the sales
- Handling content for the Comedy Central and VIVA channels of the North Cluster - Ordering material for transmission/publishing from both internal and external parties - Soft parting content (long- and shortform) for transmission (spot-checking) - Coordinating and ordering localization (subtitle spot-checking) - Communicating delivery and processing issues involving third parties - Assisting Content Operators when needed - Entering metadata for longform content into Mediagenix and What's On (CMS)
"Tearing Down The Wall: A Guide to Berlin" - Travel editor in self-funded monthly project for the production of a Berlin travel guide, organized by City Travel Review Projects (Motion Placements Ltd.). - Reviewing museums, galleries, bars, clubs, restaurants catering to a youthful crowd - Proofreading content
- Archiving and posting content about past Athens Biennale exhibitions on several social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube and Vine) - Creating engaging content in the form of daily updates on the exhibition organizing and planning of the 4th Athens Biennale on social media platforms
- Developing and editing content about the cultural scene in Athens (music, cinema, theater, bars, events) for athinorama magazine (weekly publication) and www.athinorama.gr - Travel research for athinoramaTravel (quarterly travel magazine) and Alpha guide (yearly guide) evaluating hotels and restaurants around Greece - Publication of two full page articles on the social impact of two Athenian residents on their community
- Curating the line up of producers and DJs - Being in close communication with the artists, in order to provide them with equipment and guarantee their needs are met - Ensuring the timetable is followed
Course in Musicology: The History of Music in the 20th and the 21st Century. I wrote a paper on the topic of Musique Concrete and how it influenced the compositions of Aphex Twin.
The curriculum examined Art theories, Media theories and how the two principles correlate. There was a focus on arts and new media, museum studies and cultural analysis. My main focus was on film and music, and the correlation between the two. My thesis was entitled "Pop Music and Suspense in Lost Highway (David Lynch, 1997) and Reservoir Dogs (Quentin Tarantino, 1992)" (supervisor Dr. Ivo Blom)
The curriculum included art, media, communication and marketing related courses that lead to three different pathways, from the 5th semester onward (4-year diploma): Journalism, Marketing and Cultural Administration. I followed the third pathway. A few of the courses taught included: Art History and Theory Communication Theory Cultural Management Exhibition Planning Film History and Theory Human Resources Management Introduction to Journalism Media Philosophy and Aesthetics Dissertation entitled "The Presence and Absence of Music in Film" (supervisor Tsokani Chariklia)
The Digital Garage course consists of 23 modules covering a wide range of subjects from marketing fundamentals: search, email, social media, display, video, e-commerce, geo-targeting and analytics.