• Working on an episode of Fred Dinenage: Murder Casebook. Sourcing actors, locations, props and voice-over artists for the show. Assisting with the cinematography. Researching information and finding key contacts.
• Interviewing students, booking Chroma studio and filming equipment, preparing call-sheets, risk assessments, maintaining production file, overseeing post-production on International Student Videos series commissioned by Bournemouth University’s marketing department.
• Finding actors and locations, procuring permissions from local Borough Council, booking camera equipment, preparing call sheets, filling risk assessments and during production, assisting on the film for NHS’ research project on meta-ethnography pain commissioned by Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust.
• Producer and reporter on the weekend entertainment feature series, ‘Bollywood Blockbusters’ and episode producer on the award-winning episode of ‘Bollywood Blockbusters: Music Maestros – Madan Mohan’, which won the English language Best Entertainment Feature at the 2012 News Television Awards. • Producer the daily entertainment half-hour show ‘E-Tonight’ and reporting and producing trend stories on Bollywood and the Indian Film Industry, co-ordinating with reporters and producers from various bureaus across the country to prepare and follow up on stories and packages in the run-order of the show. • Scripting and producing special half-hour shows on a monthly basis.
• Show producer and reporter for the weekly entertainment show ‘E-Turn’, reporting and producing a weekly series on the Business of Entertainment. • Covering prominent events like the India International Jewellery Week 2010, reporting, scripting and producing stories on the event. • Producer and reporter for the daily segment as well as weekend feature series ‘Life & Style’, reporting and producing stories on fashion, health and fitness, travel and leisure, and food. Assistant Producer, Graphics • Part of the core team that created graphics and designed the overall look and theme of the channel. • Designing daily online graphics for news, business and feature shows and stories.
• Designing daily online graphics for news, business and feature shows.
NewsLabBU won Best Live Programme for its coverage of US 2012 at the NaSTA. NewsLabBU was also runner-up for Best Factual Programming, again for its US 2012 coverage. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXanDMao9tA#!
As part of CNN-IBN's Bollywood Blockbusters: Music Maestros series, I produced a two-part episode on music director Madan Mohan, where I spoke about his life and music. I put in a lot of effort by thoroughly researching on Madan Mohan, interviewing his son, Sanjeev Kohli, who provided me with some wonderful insights and anecdotes. I also wrote a one hour script and produced the show along with the right amb-ups and sound bytes. Fortunately for me, all the hard work paid off when the episode won in the 'Best Entertainment Feature' category at the NT Awards 2012. http://ranjanaeaswar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/bollywood-blockbusters-music-maestros.html