Do you really want to delete project Rethinking Athens: Can culture play a part in growth??
• Worked in the Visitors Experience team which supports all events, activities and services of the SNFCC, providing customer service and contributing to the organisation’s promotion as an international landmark • Assisted, as part of the Front of House team, in welcoming individuals, schools and organisations to the SNFCC, providing relevant and reliable information, handling challenging situations with a flexible and helpful manner and conducting crisis and complaints management • Administrative responsibilities included the organisation of all team members’ shifts in order to cover all daily events taking place in SNFCC grounds. • Worked with the SNFCC’s Visitors Experience Manager in a variety of different projects, including the preparation of Spectator Services for the 2017 Summer Nostos Festival, an 8-day event of sports, cultural, educational and musical events taking place at the SNFCC • Operated as a Supervisor during the Summer Nostos Festival, daily training and working with a group of volunteers, in a variety of different posts. Duties included: -conducting house management at the Greek National Opera -handling the box office for different shows -maintaining stock and assisting visitors at four information points -overseeing concerts and events on three stages -crowd managing the SNF Run, a 10K and a 6K race that concluded at the SNFCC
• Worked in the Programs team of the SNF, which is responsible for the assessment and implementation of incoming grant requests from Greek and international non-governmental organisations • Held responsibility for a range of requests, and worked with various Senior Program Officers in conducting site visits, assessing and proposing grants for implementation • Partly assisted in the Public Affairs department of the SNF
• Communications assistant in the team responsible for the organisation of 33,000 Everyday Artists at King's College London, a 64 Million Artists Project • Created and built the project’s social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter • Maintained a network with student societies, university departments, staff and faculty at King's
• Assistant to the Executive Officer for New Memberships & Events, participating in the coordination of different projects and conferences • Part of the team responsible for the organisation of the Athens Culture Symposium, the first conference on cultural diplomacy, effective management of cultural projects, and the potential cultural economy and entrepreneurship in Greece
• Organised Theodore’s concert at the garden of Megaro: the Athens Concert Hall • Communicated with a large network of people in Media, Publishing and Promotion • Administrative responsibilities included planning the 13-person band's rehearsals, social media and promotional strategies, budgeting and organising the accreditation passes and ticketing system for the concert • Mediated between Theodore, his musicians, and organisers of the Athens Concert Hall • Gained experience in setting up a large event, working on a budget, planning ahead and being prepared to problem-solve
Thesis Topic: Rethinking Athens – Can culture play a part in growth? Graduated with Merit.
Graduated with Merit.
Path: Photography & Moving Image. Graduated with Merit.