[ SPACE ] engages 25,000 people a year through public programmes and exhibitions. - Constructing and installing work across three gallery spaces. - Liaising with the curator to develop technical and practical solutions in-keeping with exhibition budget and schedule. - Contributing to the development of the gallery and audience outreach by introducing a new events space and live event programme. - Marketing via posters and leaflets in the lively local area, alongside an active online presence, has resulted in the engagement of 25,000 people a year. - Coordinating delivery of works, documenting exhibitions and maintaining archives. - Greeting visitors on front desk, responding to general enquiries, ordering refreshments and running the bar on opening evenings.
- Setting up and de-rigging small and large-scale events, promotional windows, exhibition stands, concerts and festivals. - Working closely with the client in understanding, developing and realising their requirements, being on hand to assist with all aspects of install. - Labor is extensive and has previously involved: fitting graphics, set-design, installing lighting and A/V equipment at events such as The Proms in Hyde Park, Disney on Ice at the O2 Arena, V Festival in Chelmsford and The Brit Awards 2015. - Previously worked alongside Scene2 Ltd, 360 Creative Event Services and Jack Morton Worldwide. - SPA (Safety Pass Alliance) Health & Safety Training.
- Stock ordering and replenishment, regularly changing and maintaining promotional ends to boost sales and general house-keeping. - Assisting as relief checkout operator as and when required, applying logical thinking and problem solving skills to consistently provide excellent customer service.
- Acting as Personal Assistant to Exhibitions Manager and first point of call for students, staff and sponsor queries throughout the set up of the 2014 Degree Shows. - Responsible for project managing and delegating to a team of up to 20 people. - Extensive diary organisation and scheduling appointments to meet tight deadlines. - Collating student’s work and forwarding by request to the Press. - Testing A/V equipment, amending inventory, and allocating to examination students.
- Liaising with exhibitors, partners and suppliers. Receiving, unpacking and checking delivered works from 24 international galleries. - Assisting on all aspects of show production, A/V configuring, equipment sourcing and working to very tight install schedules.
- Using existing knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut, producing animation sequences for the current exhibition at the White Cube, Bermondsey. - Assisting the Gallery Technician in the research and sourcing of a hardware/software combination capable of projecting the required 360degree image. - Feeding back research to the Artist and the Studio Manager and continually developing the editing process in line with the findings. - Responsible for collecting, inputting and maintaining a huge database of audio/visual and image files.
- Providing practical and administrative support to the independent curatorial team. - Responsible for online promotion, website maintenance, scheduling the collection/transportation of work and maintaining a good working relationship with artists, galleries and visitors. - Assisting with PAMI 2012 (Peckham Artist Moving Image) – sponsored by LUX. Featuring work by Mark Leckey, Sophie Lee, Simon Werner and Liam Gillick. - Coordinating volunteers, installing exhibitions, sourcing and setting up equipment.
Result: First 1:1
Art: A Graphics: A Mathematics: B