Do you really want to delete project Vogue Art Internship?
Do you really want to hide project Vogue Art Internship?
Do you really want to unhide project Vogue Art Internship?
Do you really want to delete project Bloomsbury Festival Competition Entry?
Do you really want to hide project Bloomsbury Festival Competition Entry?
Do you really want to unhide project Bloomsbury Festival Competition Entry?
Do you really want to delete project Affection?
Do you really want to hide project Affection?
Do you really want to unhide project Affection?
Do you really want to delete project Journey?
Do you really want to hide project Journey?
Do you really want to unhide project Journey?
Do you really want to delete project V&A Context Poster?
Do you really want to hide project V&A Context Poster?
Do you really want to unhide project V&A Context Poster?
I am a cross-disciplinary designer based in Hertfordshire/London working at Hearst as a part-time designer around my studies as a BA Graphic Design student at Central Saint Martins. I like to work with Illustration, Digital Media and Photography. Interested in Editorial Layout, Interactive Design and Pattern Print Design. Looking for opportunities and collaborations around my studies. Currently I am proficient in Censhare, K4, InDesign, DPS, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Social Media applications. I am a beginner with CSS, HTML as an aspiring UI/UX designer.
- Part time Designer at Hearst Weeklies (Thurs/Fri) - Carry out extensive retouching and colour correction for aesthetics and legibility purposes - Retain tone and style of each magazine whilst working on all 3 weeklies simultaneously - Design layouts daily for 3 hubbed weekly magazines - Work to tight deadlines in a presurised environment on press days - Work in a tight knit team collaborating with all publication departments
- Work proficiently in pressurised situations - Experienced working coherently within a huge team of 100+ communicating between several departments succinctly and successfully - Trained in brand awareness, discretion with social media and sensitive information, health and safety, customer service, voice projection, disability, fire marshalling the UK's number 1 visitor attraction - Gained excellent methodical management of time - Experienced working within a global company with US connections - Acquired film production knowledge working next to Leavesden Film Studios
- Attained a working knowledge of Censhare - Designed print editorial layouts for Oct / Nov 2015 - Spent a month fully entrenched in the Art Dept - Assumed freelance responsibilities - Kept the mini-board up-to-date - Gained colour correction work / training - Assisted the Art Director first hand - Retouched images
- Redesigned print and iPad layouts - Designed interactive folio overlays for digital version - Attained knowledge of K4 workflow system - Mounted the well mock ups for the wall - Kept the dummy book up to date - Learnt in-house layout style to ensure brand consistency - Sourced archive images from the Condé Nast Archive - Sourced high res images and assisted the picture desk - Attended department meetings
- Worked closely with the Art Intern redesigning layouts - Logged all editorial credits in Glamour issues March - May’14 - Compiled 5 competitors’ statistics in issues March - May’14
- Tweeted for Wired Insider - Organised and gathered information for Wired Health - Organised Wired 5 Celebratory drinks - Booked flights and couriers - Covered the PA to Publisher whilst she was on annual leave
- Transcribed interviews - Conducted research for features articles on lexisnexis and from the Condé Nast Archive - General office administration - Liaised with all departments - Kept the fashion cupboard organised and tidy at all times - Ensured clothes went back to the correct PR companies on time - Collected products from the studio
Design and Interaction, Advertising, Illustration and Moving Image
Awarded Merit Awarded Distinction in Life Drawing
Fine Art (A*) English Literature (A) Modern History (A)
8 (A*) including English and Maths 4 (A)