You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Litterae Mentis Journal?
Do you really want to hide project Litterae Mentis Journal?
Do you really want to unhide project Litterae Mentis Journal?
Books and literature are my passion. I have work experience in publishing – I was an intern at Hungary’s biggest publishing house (Libri) and I currently work for them as a freelance translator and editor. As an intern at the company, I got to follow several books from translation to the shelves of bookshops. I am also developing new skills in connection with design and illustration as part of the editorial team of Litterae Mentis (the official journal of the School of English at the University of Kent) – I am in charge of the journal’s cover. I have completed a postgraduate training in children’s and youth literature, I have been writing book reviews in Hungarian for years, I taught English and international literature as a private tutor, and most recently I volunteered at the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival – anything that is related to books or literature interests me. I found teaching and working with children especially pleasant, and I decided to participate in the Academic Ambassador programme of the University of Kent, where I carry out creative writing sessions. Most recently, I joined a literacy project at Brompton Academy as an Ambassador, which so far has been an amazing experience and made realise the true power and importance of the ability to read.
Main duties: - assisting with the delivery of modules in schools and colleges - attending in-school recruitment fairs, parent evenings and careers events - providing general information regarding my academic subject - leading small groups of students through assigned tasks and providing encouragement
- editor of the Hungarian version of Mark Cheverton’s Invasion of the Overworld, Battle for the Nether, and Confronting the Dragon - editor and translator of the updated Hungarian versions of Matthew Needler’s and Phil Southam’s Minecraft Handbooks (one to four) - translator of the original Mojang book, Minecraft Exploded Builds: Medieval Fortress - translator of The Survivors’ Book of Secrets, an official Minecraft handbook
Main duties: - editing manuscripts - translating promotion material - helping with the marketing of books - writing and editing promotion material - maintaining online surfaces (for example: the publisher's Facebook page, the Wikipedia page of books and authors)
- main subjects: English language, English and international literature - varied age groups (youngest student: 12 years old, oldest: 35) - helping with preparation for exams - helping with homework and assignments
Main duties: - writing and editing background material for interviews of the morning show - making appointments with guests appearing on the show - editing visual material - writing short summaries of given interviews for the news
- Member of the editorial team for Litterae Mentis, a literary journal of the university. - Academic Ambassador of the School of English, delivering session in creative writing and English literature for students between the age of 10 and 18. - Participated as a speaker at the University's conference, 'Bridging the Divide: Science and Literature', title of paper: 'The Heroic Narrative of Science in Erasmus Darwin’s Poems' (03/06/2016)
This postgraduate training of Károli Gáspár University of the Reformed Church aims to provide further understanding and academic background for various groups including students with a BA degree in Humanities, teachers, librarians, authors and publishers. The course offers seminars on national and international children's literature, child psychology, illustration, publishing, poetry for children, contemporary children's and youth literature and films. The students have the opportunity to learn from not only academics, but from publishers and authors working on the field as well.
- Major in English and American language and literature - Minor in creative writing
- Major in Japanese language and culture - Specialisation in literary translation
Conference and national competition of the National Scientific Students