I am a recent graduate from Keele University with a 2:1 in English Literature and Language. I have a demonstrated history of being skilled in Photography, Customer Service, Microsoft Word and Writing. Being an English graduate, I have a strong desire to work in the media industry, in particular TV or magazines/newspapers. I am currently looking for placements and/or internships in the creative industry whereby I can exercise and develop my writing skills.Locked Pro Plan feature
● Writing music articles and reviews about present music stories and artists allowed me to exercise my academic knowledge about researching and writing in a professional environment. All of my pieces of work were published onto Cross Rhythms’ website. ● Gained experience editing and sub-copying by receiving notes and feedback for drafts of my articles and reviews and adapting them accordingly. ● Calculating and compiling the Top 10 playlist each week, transcribing interviews and image sourcing taught me how to work in coordination with other office departments. ● Carried out admin duties including updating the database with new contact details, removing old stock off of the online shop and adding content to the website.
● Going behind the scenes of TV cemented my desire to work in the media industry by showing me how important the work is that goes on behind the scenes. ● Assisted in the day-to-day needs of an office including filing and sorting documents, photocopying and phoning companies to cross-check payments and adapting legal documents on Word. ● Contacted employees in order to collate and organise the timetables for the electricians, carpenters and painters to work on different TV shows.
● Ran bar both independently and in liaison with other employees whilst also working in a very fast-paced environment. This involved taking orders, making drinks and taking payments in as little time as possible.
● Undertaking two creative writing workshops allowed me to develop upon my own writing skills by writing in different tones of voice whilst also critiquing other pieces of work. ● Taking three film modules made me competent in watching films analytically, through understanding fundamental aspects of film including cinematography and mise-en-scène. ● Choosing an optional marketing module introduced me to business-to-business services, what makes user-generated content successful and the core principles of marketing.
● English Literature and Language (B), Government and Politics (B), Psychology (B) and an Extended Project Qualification (B). ● Took part in ‘The Diana Award’ Young Reporters Group, was the group leader of the college newspaper’s fashion sector and attended the Sky TV studios to take part in the ‘Sky Skills Studio’.
● English Literature (A), English Language (A), Music (A), Graphics (A), Single Science (A), Double Science (A), Religious Education (A), Geography (A), Mathematics (B) and Spanish (B).