- Portrait of ANNA LAPWOODI was commissioned to photograph Anna Lapwood an incredible talent. She is a conductor, organist and broadcaster, along with serving as Director of Music at Pembroke College, Cambridge. These images were shot in the Chapel against the backdrop of this manificent Mander Organ from 1708. Since time was limited I chose to shoot these images with available light perched on a large ladder.
- Daughters in mum's dress.Part a series of family portraits. These images were shot with a classical pose in mind . I told them to pose as statues. I used a black backdrop and subtle lighting to focus on the shape, dress and pose and raised them off the ground by using a stool. They selected their favourite mums dress.
- Christopher Woodward, Director of the Garden Museum, LondonThese portraits were shot for an editorial feature. The Garden Museum sits as an annex next to a church in Central London. As it was bitter cold outside, I decided to shoot inside. 99% of the exhibits are inside. The art installation by Rebecca Louise Law entitled ’The Vitrine’ mixed dried flowers entwined with copper wire, stood out for me amongst the other artworks and objects. It wasn't in a particular spacious part of the museum but I loved the colours and the cabinet.
- Evelyn Glennie, Solo PercussionistSolo Percussionist Dame Evelyn Glennie, Evelyn travels the globe, playing and recording with the world’s finest orchestras and ensembles. She is notably recognized as the first musician to maintain a full-time career as a solo percussionist. Evelyn is also deaf and has, with the aid of her first percussion teacher, honed her awareness of sound to such a degree that she describes her body as ‘a resonating chamber.’
- Portrait of Daniel HydeThis portrait is one of my favourites from a very difficult year. It's of Daniel Hyde, Director of Music of the Kings College Choir, Cambridge and conductor. The portrait was taken in the Kings College Chapel where the choir practices and performs. After having a good look around the chapel and being directed where was possible to shoot, I identified a spot where I would take his portrait and shot some test images for the best possible angle for the images. Once I was satisfied with the lighti
+ View all