Richard de Cazalet is a Graphic Designer, living and working in London, UK as Senior Graphic Designer at Creative Brand Agency Perfect Day. Since graduating with a First Class Honours Degree in Graphic Design from The University of Creative Arts (2012), I have worked in a range environments and disciplines, both print and digital. During the past four years, my professional practice has been mainly focused on branding for both large and small-scale clients, as well as developing my own personal practice of illustration. My range of experience has taught me to become a well-rounded and multi-disciplinary designer.
- Mermaid GinI have worked as the lead designer for The Isle of Wight Distillery since the start of 2018, creating a vast array of design work across both print and digital platforms for their brand and product relaunch of Mermaid Gin. This has included; branding, packaging, advertisements, web design, social content, marketing collateral, event stalls, art direction, photography and video. Since the re-launch of Mermaid Gin, I have also worked on designs for the launch of their new products; Mermaid Pink G
- Arcane IlluminationsI have recently acquired an interest in tarot cards and tarot reading. As a personal project, I have started illustrating a bespoke deck of 78 cards, which I have plans on printing and distributing once completed. One of the main goals I want to showcase with this deck is diversity—mainly drawing inspiration from various cultures in the imagery, but also flipping some of the genders, sexualities and body types traditionally shown in many tarot decks. The deck is named ‘Arcane Illuminations’.
- The TowersThe Towers is a piece of branding I created that lent itself to an array of marketing collateral, namely this brochure which was used as key material to market JCDecaux’s large-format Out-Of-Home digital advertising screens. Inspired by the format of fashion look-books, this brochure uses large photos to present the screens in high-clarity, along with digitally illustrated maps and icons depicting their location around London. The brochure came in a bespoke sleeve and used pearlescent paper sto
- The Gates FoundationGoalkeepers is an annual event in New York, set up by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. It is devised to draw attention to the Global Goals for Sustainable Development and some of the people who are accelerating progress to achieve the Goals. My work across 2018 and 2019 involved designing and developing branding for the event space and merchandise, as well as producing concepts for interactive elements in the space, as well as digital assets, for social engagement.
+ View all
Senior DesignerPerfect Day
London, United KingdomFull Time
During this role, I have worked on a vast array of creative projects. My main responsiblity has been acting as lead designer and brand guardian for our work on the relaunch of Mermaid Gin which included; branding, packaging, advertisements, web design, social content, marketing collateral, event stalls, photography and video. Alongside this, I have worked on many branding projects for new businesses; creating logos, packaging and artwork, as well as working on large scale event-based work for clients such as Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Bertarelli Foundation which involves producing merchandise, vinyls and branding event spaces.
Senior Graphic Designer (Print)JCDecaux
- London, United KingdomFull Time
After being promoted to Senior Designer at JCDecaux, my responsibilities now include mentoring a Junior Print Designer while developing leadership and managerial skills.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Digital Design
- Html CSS
- Idea Generation
- Creative Leadership