I'm a London-based writer and curator specialised in architecture and design. Until 2019 I was curator at The Aram Gallery, an independent platform for new and experimental design. I was formerly the senior editor at Icon magazine, and my words have appeared in FRAME, Disegno, Design Anthology, Wallpaper* and The Independent. I've moderated discussion panels for the Design Museum and Global Design Forum at the V&A. I also help brands, studios and institutions with monographs, copywriting and tone of voice.
- Space 10 Inclusive Home ReportI worked with SPACE10 to write the third report in its Future Home series, interviewing global experts, gathering case studies and finding key insights and statistics on the topic of inclusivity at home. Turns out it’s the final publication from IKEA's research and design lab so I’m feeling extra fortunate to have been board with the team and its incredible work these past months.
- Prototypes & ExperimentsPrototypes & Experiments is a long-running exhibition series at The Aram Gallery, dedicated to showing process in product design, furniture and architecture. I curated four editions between 2015-2020, including work by Adjaye Associates, Malgorzata Bany, Mischer'Traxler, Ineke Hans, Sam Jacob Studio, and Granby Workshop. Photo: Adam Scott
- The Independent on SundayIn 2015, I edited a weekly interiors page in The Independent on Sunday. This involved choosing a theme, selecting products and homewares, and organising loans for photoshoots. I also worked on Christmas gift suggestions, and wrote a feature on furniture choices for Generation Rent. Photo: The Independent on Sunday
- Talks & eventsI've given talks and participated in panel discussions at the Design Museum, Somerset House, Central Saint Martins and The Future Laboratory. I've moderated talks at Designjunction, 100% Design and the Delfina Foundation. I've also been an awards judge for WIRED and Design Week, and participated in brand events for De La Espada and Andreu World. Photo: De La Espada London Lecture Series 2019
- Icon MagazineI am a regular contributor to Icon magazine, a monthly publication on design, architecture and culture. I mostly write features and profiles, with recent subjects including: the decline of design education for school-age children in the UK, experimental architects Studio Ossidiana, and the rise of tactile design in electronics. Photo: Icon, Studio Ossidiana
- Blend by Raw ColorI invited multi-disciplinary design studio Raw Color to work together on an interactive solo exhibition at The Aram Gallery in September 2016. We applied for a grant from Creative Industries Fund NL, and successfully received €14,955. The exhibition was a highlight of the London Design Festival programme that year, selected as a top thing to see by Dezeen, Wallpaper*, AnOther magazine and Creative Review. Photos: Raw Color
+ View all
Senior EditorIcon Magazine
- Loughton, United KingdomFull Time
I joined Icon magazine as a junior editor in 2010, and worked my way up to a senior role. I gained invaluable experience working in a small editorial team with regular demanding deadlines. At Icon my duties involved: pitching ideas and issue themes; writing and researching news stories, reviews and features; commissioning writers; interviewing high-profile designers and architects; and travelling to and reporting from international events. I worked with the art team to layout features and select images, and organised product photoshoots for stand-alone design reports within the magazine. I aided with checking facts and sub-editing.
+ Show more
- Public Speaking
- Content Curation
- Writing Web
- Exhibition Curation
- Writing Design
- Writing Architecture
- Commissioning Writing
- Project Management
- Programme Management
- Brand Consultancy