You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project 'I escaped. I didn't wait to be killed,' says DRC judge who was 'forced' to sentence Moise Katumbi?
A young professional with editorial and reporting experience in TV, print, online and radio. I have a keen interest in politics, foreign affairs, business and sport and can display excellent communication skills and news judgement. My work has been aired on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg TV Africa and BBC Asian Network and published by the Telegraph, the International State Crime Initiative and Al Jazeera, as well as others.
• Managed IBTimes UK’s entire operation and news output during evening and early morning hours. This involved managing a team of up to 30 people, including reporters, copy editors and video producers • Coordinated and commission copy from teams in the UK, US and India to ensure that breaking and global news stories were comprehensively covered for a monthly audience of around 30 million people • Regularly liaised with bureau chiefs, sub-editors and reporters to achieve a high-quality product. I also compiled a detailed morning handover for the morning team for a seamless transition • Handled IBTimes UK’s social media accounts on multiple platforms including Facebook and Twitter • Covered global news stories with a particular focus on the Democratic Republic of Congo, UK and US politics, Brexit, the Philippines and the 1MDB scandal • Led and developed IBTimes UK’s coverage of the DRC and have produced video packages, timelines, features one on one interviews and done live broadcasts on Facebook, placing the company at the forefront of DRC-related news • Cultivated and interviewed a wide-range of first-class contacts, including the UK’s Special Envoy to Africa’s Great Lakes region, the director of the Virunga National Park, human rights organisations, country experts and I regularly speak to key opposition figures • Wrote fast, accurate and engaging copy on top news stories to a tight deadline • Edited the daily newsletter, sent to around 205,000+ subscribers • Used the Content Management System to upload, publish and edit content on www.ibtimes.co.uk
• Worked with the Countdown team to help produce the two-hour morning programme that tracks the breaking and top business news stories in the lead up to the opening of European markets • Constantly used the Bloomberg Terminal to source, monitor and communicate vital information to our audience of business leaders. Received formal training on the Terminal • Broke news on a regular basis ahead of our competitors to ensure the maintenance of Bloomberg’s reputation as the leading source of business news • Duties in the control room included incorporating unfolding news into the show, building emergency graphics, managing segments and coordinating with an international team to ensure the best and most current elements went to air • Liaised with a global network of Bloomberg News reporters to deliver the latest insight into markets, economic data and news • Wrote scripts, created graphics and cut video and soundbites • Worked as part of the team covering the 2015 UK Election, which involved helping to produce six hours of live coverage
• Helped launch this pan-African channel with teams in Lagos and Johannesburg • Produced Africa In Focus, a 15-minute weekly news show on the biggest stories across the continent. This involved managing all aspects of location shoots, scripting links and packages, doing voice overs and overseeing edits to adhere to strict transmission deadlines • Co-produced a series on investment in the DRC, which involved travelling there on two occasions to field produce key interviews with the Prime Minister, high ranking officials, private sector contributors and local businesses and secure necessary and relevant footage • Promoted to Correspondent, I did pieces to camera and interviewed key guests • Regularly produced a number of packages on wide-ranging subjects from Ethiopia’s changing skyline to the Rwandan genocide • Visualised and executed enterprising segments for TV and all platforms by using video and graphics • Produced a half-hour special ahead of the US – Africa Leaders Summit in Washington DC. This required strong communication skills to co-ordinate effectively with directors, global contributors and domestic and international team members to meet Bloomberg’s high editorial standards and ensure it was filmed as a live show • Worked on a variety of shows, including business, football, energy and documentaries
• MA in Newspaper Journalism. Class: Merit. Specialism: Conflict
• BA (Hons) in French with international relations. Class: 2:1 (Four years; including an Erasmus study placement in Lyon, France) • Gained a distinction for my dissertation on torture and terrorism during the Algerian War, and in international relations