I’m a producer specialising in factual storytelling, documentary and online content, often exploring broad cultural, societal and political issues. Having produced award-winning video alongside working with high-profile talent, I also have experience making branded content and working for online platforms such as Esquire, The Pool, The Royal Society of Arts and Culture Trip as well as creating for global brands such as Google. I'm a flexible media and communication professional with additional experience in festival curation and community engagement.
- The Power of Diverse Thinking | Matthew SyedSuccess is no longer about individual talent, knowledge or skill. Success is about freeing ourselves from the blind spots that beset us all, and pooling our collective intelligence. In our latest RSA Short, best-selling author and columnist Matthew Syed shows where the best ideas come from and how we can apply these ideas to tackling the biggest challenges of our age. Individual intelligence is no longer enough, he argues; the only way to tackle complex problems is to harness of the power of
- Is Our Attention for Sale? | James WilliamsDo you think our attention is for sale? Is the technology we carry in our pockets distracting us from pursuing our life goals? Have we woken up to the scale of the attention-capturing and persuasive powers being held by a small number of big tech companies? In the latest RSA Short, James Williams warns of the dangers that digital distraction poses to us individually and collectively. If we’re serious about protecting human agency and democracy, he argues, it’s time we started defending our freed
- Google News Initiative: Global Summit 2021This piece originally played out as part of the Google News Initiative Global Summit 2021. Since its launch in 2018, the Google News Initiative has worked with thousands of news organisations in over 120 countries around the world. Dir: Adu Lalouschek AD: Timi Akindele-Ajani Producer: Francesca Mirza, Ross Henbest Post: CODA Colour: Yoomin Lee Editors: Matt Deeming, James C-Mills , Jonathan Crosland-Mills Client: Google Agency: Redwood Studios
- Ultimate Guide to Italy for Film LoversFilm editor Cassam Looch travels around Italy to discover all the iconic locations that have been immortalised on film, from the Spanish Steps in Rome – featured in Roman Holiday – to Lake Como, seen in the likes of Casino Royale; and the staircase in Turin’s Palazzo Madama, made famous by The Italian Job.
- Heart of The CityHeart of the City, is about discovery. Set in a disused apartment block that’s been repurposed as creative studios, the film explores a London brimming with potential. When Moses and Debora meet at the building to attend a Vietnamese supper club, they encounter numerous worlds hidden inside its concrete walls. Accompanied by dreamlike jazztronica and shots of London’s copper-toned skies, Heart of the City is a story of human and urban discovery. Written and directed by Romano Pizzichini Starri
+ View all
Projects credited in
- RSA Shorts - The Attention EconomyHow to keep freedom of attention in the times of digital distraction... The Royal Society of Arts commission, based on a lecture of James Williams. Director: Olga Makarchuk Animation: Olga Makarchuk, Kim Alexander Colouring Assistance: Anna Makarchuk AFX Compositing/Sound Design: Nico Antwerp Intro animation by Cabeza Patata Video Producer: Ross Henbest Joint Head of Public Events Programme: Mairi Ryan thersa.org
- Omelettes With Spinach (short film)'The morning after a class reunion, two hungover colleagues reconnect over breakfast but unspoken tensions of loss and desire adorn the air between them, driving them further apart.' An experimental narrative-driven short film made on a micro-budget (under £10k) in South London. Our film employs mixed media assets with a lyrical aesthetic and deals with LGBT+ themes. The film was shown internationally.
- Carl Donnelly's Comedy SeanceIt’s midnight, you’re at Edinburgh Fringe and you’ve just had a spooky idea. Watch comedian Carl Donnelly's account of one of the more bizarre gigs of his career. Direction - Luke Marsh + Alex Mellon Design - Alex Mellon Animation - Luke Marsh Creative Direction - Giles Dill Production - Eve Somerville Sound - Ross Henbest
- City AnimationsCollaborating with designers and animators from around the world, I am the lead producer on a series of animations focusing on the unique cultures of 42 cities worldwide. These include the story of Josephine Baker's life in Paris, the world's biggest art heist in Boston, a beautiful story of life and loss on a New York City rollercoaster, and exploring everything Tokyo has to offer. See more on Culture Trip's Vimeo
- Hungerlust: Everything You Need to Know About Barbequed Cambodian Field RatRats have an image problem. Seen in the West as disease-spreading pests, the rodents are reviled by most. But in Cambodia, the common field rat is a prized delicacy. Served grilled and crispy with a dipping sauce, would you refuse rat if it were offered? Watch the full video.3
+ Show more
ProducerRoyal Society of Arts
- John Adam St, London WC2N, UKFull Time
Controlling and producing high-quality multimedia content for multiple platforms. Responsible for weekly live broadcasts, social media content, podcast production as well as creative production of the RSA’s Webby award-winning animation series RSA Shorts.
+ Show more
- Post Production
- Pre Production
- Multi-platform Content
- Event Organisation
- Digital Communication
- Documentary Video