I am currently working with Lily Barclay a wonderful copywriter. Here is our Portfolio Link: lilyrubycreative.squarespace.com I am an aspiring Art Director from London. I graduated from Leeds Arts University in May 2020 with a 2:1 in Creative Advertising and as D&AD’s One to Watch (2020). After 3 years studying, my drive is stronger than ever and I am more than keen to start my career in Adverting. I have always been very passionate about art and design and after experimenting with different avenues before university I found the one I am meant to take. Life’s too short to not have fun and I can't wait to work in an agency surrounded by like-minded people that thrive off each other and create great work. I have been searching for a Copywriter to my Art Director over the past year and eventually I found LiIy Barclay. We just clicked and we have been working on a whole variety of briefs in order to build a portfolio so that we are ready for industry.
- Social Media Poster Campaign for NovelI was commissioned by the author Gill Paul to create an online media campaign for her latest novel, 'The Second Marriage'. This consisted of two digital posters aiming to encourage people in both the UK and the USA to purchase this novel as a gift for Christmas. They feature on three social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Martini - Reunite With MartiniCHALLENGE Create a brand experience/pr-able that celebrates the Martini campaign idea LETS MAKE TIME MAIN INSIGHT People rely too much on technology to stay close. They are often too busy to spend physical time with friends BIG IDEA REUNITE WITH MARTINI Happiness through real world connections with friends
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- There's an Elephant in the RoomBRIEF D&AD Sport4Climate Brief 2021. Create a guerilla marketing campaign that encourages sports fans to take action against climate change. INSIGHT The Olympics is the ultimate leader for sports and sustainability but they fail to address the single biggest contributor to climate change associated with the games: constantly changing host cities, building “white elephants” (stadiums that are wasteful) and causing unnecessary waste. SOLUTION Shine a light on the unsustainability of t
- Leeds Arts University, BA (Hons) Creative AdvertisingThis is an outstandingly strategic and creative course that nurtures individuality through collaboration. It is designed to produce ‘Ideas That Work’ from a new wave of creative leaders in advertising. We provide the tools necessary to grow and channel creativity so that it becomes even more powerful and enjoyable. Creativity sits at the core of our proposition and feeds a common desire for originality and innovative thinking. We utilise copywriting and art-direction as a way into exploring how24
- Healthcare 'Don't Live Half a Life'The challenge was to create an integrated campaign that empowers patients who have already suffered from one heart attack to manage their chronic heart disease in order to prevent a second. These ads aim to remind heart attack patients of the importance of sticking to all aspects of a healthy lifestyle by emphasising how silly it is to not take your doctor's full advice in order to prevent further complications.
Creative InternHome Agency
- Leeds, United KingdomInternship
Worked on a variety of live creative briefs, for example Jet2City Breaks and Victoria Plum Bathrooms. Had the responsibility of ideation and art direction as well as copywriting, scriptwriting and storytelling. Had daily meetings with the Creative Director and Chief Creative Officer to discuss strategy and ideation. Got to work on a live brief for Victoria Plum and one of the ideas made it into the client pitch.
- Art Direction
- Time Management
- People Person
- Microsoft Office
BA(Hons) Creative AdvertisingLeeds Arts University
- Leeds, United Kingdom
Presentations - Helped develop technical skills on Microsoft Office, InDesign and Photoshop. Encouraged confident public speaking, pitching skills, problem-solving and telling a story in a way that would grab the attention of a room. Group Crits - To help with problem-solving when trying to reach the same goal. Course Collaborations - To better understand different crafts in the arts and our role together in the advertising industry. Paring up - Working in teams of Art Directors and Copywriters, as well as working on competition briefs in larger groups with roles such as Planning and Strategist. Modules - Live briefs and tasks ranging from quick 1-hour briefs to 2-day briefs, as well as weekly briefs and ongoing 4-week modules. This helped to develop time management skills, research, ideation, creation and pitching. Modules helped to further develop the ability to produce primary research, by talking to strangers and interviewing independent business owners in order to find a unique insight that would then develop into a creative strategy and in turn an advertising campaign. Essay Writing - To help develop deeper knowledge and understanding of advertising within society. Encouraged development of organisational skills, research, initiative and working to a deadline.
Foundation Diploma in Art and DesignKensington and Chealsea Collge
- London, United Kingdom
Was able to take some time and work on myself as a creative and work out what area of the arts I had a passion to go into. Briefs - encouraged exploration of different artistic avenues. Studio Space - To work on my own chosen projects as freely as I wanted to. Studio practice - Learnt and refined skills in print, photography, photoshop mixed media and many more. Analysis: To critique, feedback and assess the work and projects of my peers.